SOLVED

Turn off "Save the response"

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, is it possible to turn off the feature "Save the response"?

save_response.png

50 Replies

Looking for a solution on this too - little confused how it happens particularly with the following option selected. 

MS Forms Pic.PNG

@Hyoogow 

Also, looking for how to remove this. It doesn't appear on forms created last week only on any new form I created from today.

Jason

I am Also running into the same issue. I want to turn off the "Save the responses" button at the end of the Form and I cannot find any way to remove it. I have looked for solutions on the Forms application and with Flow but there is no option to turn this off. Please advise.

Hi @VikVid 

My guess is that this is a new feature.

I also would like to turn it off , because user's saving forms they've filled in becomes a RECORD and Compliance manager's nightmare.

• Where are the "filled forms" kept?
  • how long are they kept for?
  • what retention disposal options do we have?

MICROSOFT Forms Product team - please please give us some ADMIN tools, or we'll have to move to a different online forms provider like JotForms.

I tried to figure some of this out:

If you click it the "save response" button, filled in version of the form is saved and accessible via

https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPageV2.aspx?prevsubpage=undefined

when you click on the "filled forms" filter.

The ... dots on that filled in form, does have a "remove from my portal" option.

When you click the "remove from my portal" option , if you go back to https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPageV2.aspx?prevsubpage=undefined then click on the "My forms" filter, then click on the "recycle bin" button (bottom right) the filled in form IS NOT IN the recyclebin.

Hi all,

I did some playing around and think I found a solution. 

I tried one of the template options, "Gain Insights through user research" as shown below:

MS Forms Template Example.PNG

and noticed that at the end I wasn't prompted to save my response. 

I just then edited it to fit what I needed and it still worked - there must be some sort of setting we cannot access when attempting to create from scratch.

Hope this works for you guys.

I also found a work around.... 

It seems to only happen on new forms I create. All my old forms are fine. 

So all I did was saved a copy of one of my old forms and deleted all the questions then saved it as Blank Template. I can now just create a copy of this each time I need a new form until this is resolved. 

Hope this helps anyone else. 

@Hyoogow Workaround will work for anyone who doesn't already have an old form to copy. 

Jason

Ah that's good news and makes sense as this was the first time I created one so I had to use a template instead.

@Hyoogow  - well it worked when I first set it up, but as soon as I played with my styling and associated my form to a group, then it stopped working sadly :( 

@VikVid We came across the same problem with a customer that uses Forms on multiple occasions. This makes it impossible for him to use it anymore so that is really bad. I did some research on the topic and had some hope that there might be a PowerShell solution at the least but as far as I could see, there is nothing in that regard.

This is really, really bad. We need the possibility to turn off this button. Otherwise MS Forms can not be used within many use cases.

this is a terrible new "feature", it renders the form useless by making it confusing to the user. as far as I can tell, there is no template that doesn't have it, and there is no way to turn it off.
I would also like to know. My work intended to use MS Forms for exam purposes. But this option would give the exam takers the ability to save the entire exam and potentially pass it around. If I created the form as a quiz, this option should not be default. Or at least give us the option to turn it off.

Jumping on this thread too as I'm building out and moving forms from Tenant A to Tenant B. The behavior exists in the source tenant but I cannot replicate the same feature in the new tenant. The requirement is to prevent the form submitter from saving the info after submit. Since that is now not an option Forms for this use case is completely useless.

It's one thing to not allow a feature, but to take it away after it's in use is evil. Short of paying for another product or creating a full stack solution I have no other options for my organization. Having this feature back would be VERY helpful.

Yes! We have to be able to turn this off!!!!!

We need to be able to disable the button to allow people to save responses.  It is confusing and does not seem to produce the expected outcome.  

Please remove or tell us how to remove it. 

@VikVid 

Please remove this button for anonymous forms

@Lou Jans 

A clarification of this new feature, the responder does not actually save their responses under their account. Instead, they receive a page link that points to their submitted response, which they can save. The responses are still saved in the form owner's storage. I had a reply about this complaint in another thread, which I've pasted here for awareness - "Here's an update on the latest progress. The product team has decided to adjust the wording of the 'Save the response' and 'Save and edit later' buttons and will no longer mention that responses will remain anonymous. We hope this change will address some users' needs for collecting user information through the 'Anyone can respond' form. We expect this change to be deployed to production in the next few weeks. As for another type of feedback requesting a setting to enable/disable the 'Save the response' feature for form owners, the product team is aware of this need and is currently discussing possible changes. We anticipate having discussion results in the next few weeks."

Really appreciate the update!!
One of the horrible things about this implementation is that when you click the link it asks you to log in or create an account. It seems like in order to save it you NEED an account. If this is your way to have folks create AD accounts, it is TERRIBLE!

You should give the form author to disable the feature on each form, that would be great. If you FIX the UI so that if you enable the feature it lets you know that you should save the link and it doesn't actually put a copy in your AD account, that would be great too. Or does it? You shouldn't have to guess on these things, and based on the justifiied comments, this needs to be revisited asap. We are trying to avoid this by using OLD forms.

@Katherine Prouty  Thanks all of you for reaching out to us with your concerns and feedbacks. The purpose of logging in or creating an account after clicking the button is to enable respondents to easily recheck their responses. By logging into their account and accessing their MRU, respondents can conveniently find their previously submitted responses. The feature does not copy the response data into the respondent's account, it's only a link. To alleviate any confusion surrounding this process, the team is actively working on a new design to provide a clearer experience.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VikVid (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thanks for your feedbacks. Forms has added the setting to control the save response option. You should be able to view the change very soon.

View solution in original post