Trying to create a form where the user can make multiple choices and then input a quantity for each

Copper Contributor

I work at a nonprofit that gives lots of stuff away. We need to create a form that allows each user/client to list what they have received. E.g. if they need two or three staplers and fifty hanging files they would select the items and a quantity request would appear. I feel this would be done better by a option to appear rather than a full branching for each item. I can see a way to do it by branching off from each item but I hope there should be a way to select while not leaving the list.

We have thousands of items to list and creating a separate branching for each of them seems overly cumbersome. I am new to using forms and would appreciate any suggestions that help us.

Office Supplies Forms Question.jpg

4 Replies

@MrNobodySpecial unfortunately there is no way to do that currently.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your input. Hopefully someone knows of a workaround or another program (like Jotform etc.) that will work this way.

@MrNobodySpecial the only workaround I can think of using Forms is to have a text question for each item, e.g. "How many staplers did you receive?", and set the restriction on that answer to be a number.

howMany.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thank you Rob,

This I might do, or I might try it on JotForm as they seem to have more options in this field. I was hoping to stay within the Microsoft suite as most of our other functions are well taken care of by Microsoft.