Trying to achieve the following.....

Copper Contributor

Dear Community,

I have been struggling a while now to find the answer and now that I discovered your forum I am hoping you can help me.

I want to send out a Word document (select the file) to a large number of peoples email addresses (lets call it increase users awareness). Those people should then commit (yes I have read this policy and I accept) or decline (no I have read it but I do not accept the policy). The outcome of those results I would like to be display as a graph. Form policy (Clean Desk) xx % amount said Yes and xx % said No.

Can I achieve this with Forms or do I need to look at Power Automate?

1 Reply

@Freakycat1973 you can't upload a Word document directly into the form but the simplest solution would be to attach it to an email with a link to the form. In that form you'd have a question with a mandatory answer asking them if they have read it.

A more complex solution that we use for our rail staff to confirm they have read mandatory safety briefings is as follows:

• the administrator of the system uploads a safety briefing document in a question in Forms plus a couple of choice questions about what the document is.
  • A flow in Power Automate triggers and saves the information into a SharePoint list  and adds the document as an attachment to the item.
  • When approval has been given to issue the safety briefing the administrator clicks a JSON-formatted button next to the item in the list which triggers another flow. A panel opens asking her which of 4 different groups of staff to send it to (the list of staff and their group is in another list in SharePoint).
  • The flow sends the email out with the document attached. We then use a "start and wait for approval action" in Power Automate so when they get the email they can add their comments, click Submit to confirm they've read the document and the adaptive card which has the email text, comments box and button then "closes". They can still read the document but not do the confirmation again.
  • After they've click the Submit button the flow saves their name and email, the title of the briefing and the date they read it into a separate SharePoint list so we and auditors can see who has read each briefing and of course can also see if someone hasn't.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User