SOLVED

This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information

Brass Contributor

Ive had this appear out of the blue and the Form has been live for the last 2 months?

There is no information to show what information I have created that is personal or sensitive.

This is for a registration form I have created for my old Collegian.

Can someone help here? I cant access any data.

107 Replies

@Anqi Du 

Hi, I did email and my email was undeliverable.  

This is what i wrote in my message:

Hello Microsoft,

I use MS Office at work.  I got this message, 

"This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information"

as many of your other users did, a couple of hours ago when i was editing a form that was created a couple of weeks ago.

There were lots of comments in this thread describing my exact experience using the form today.  Please don’t suggest i go to survey monkey.

Can you let me know how to resolve this?  If it needs to  be resolved at your end, any suggestions regarding what to do?  Again, please don’t suggest survey monkey.

I am experiencing the same issue today on a form that I was about to release. This is frustrating to say the least and needs to be fixed asap. 

Having that problem too; seems to only be an issue if you add text fields. 

I am having the same problem with a text question in my form.
Hello all, I have shared this issue with the Microsoft Forms team within Microsoft. Hopefully they can get this resolved ASAP
I have opened case with support as well. Hoping for quick resolution.

Hi all, this issue should be resolved now, there is a wrong setting configured that cause this issue, we just revert the settings. Everyone please retry now.

I'm still receiving the error message, I'll wait for a while and try again.
The issue should be resolved now, sorry for the inconvenience
Can you quick share me the form link in private message? if you refresh, this should work now
I sent the link to you, let me know what you think.
You may need to modify a field to get it to clear the error.

Hi all,

For all the impact form, can you please add a space in any of the form definition and delete it (This will trigger a save of the form) and the system will re-evaluate the form, then the issue should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Yao

I tried modifying a field as well as signing out & back in, neither worked.

I added a new field and then once I removed that field the error went away. Thanks!
I saw that, please make a quick modify and it will go away.

@Yao Ke I had to change/add a word to one of the forms, causing it to refresh, which then allowed it to update and correct itself. Should there not be some kind of autocorrection/auto-detection of change? I tried refreshing the page to no avail; it was only when I made the change that the form corrected.

I was very frustrated with the experience of being locked out of these forms. I'm in the middle of my software trial/considering a purchase a subscription. Was pretty excited to try this out and delighted to see what would happen with my new video test / form poll today.

My frustration is tempered with how fast and how well you guys responded to this. Great work! Thanks for your rapid response.

@ej_leblanc Thanks. We are working on protecting the customer from leaking sensitive information but there is a bug there caused this issue. We fixed that bug. Really sorry for the inconvenience. We will be more careful on this.

@NZLaSalle I'm getting the same error message for all of my forms once edited.  Microsoft - Please resolve.