SOLVED

This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information

Brass Contributor

Ive had this appear out of the blue and the Form has been live for the last 2 months?

There is no information to show what information I have created that is personal or sensitive.

This is for a registration form I have created for my old Collegian.

Can someone help here? I cant access any data.

107 Replies

@Art-ITP Seems I cannot access the form, is that possible you shared me a screenshot in PM when the form is blocked. Also, if you are tenant admin, we also want to learn the experience of this kind of unblocking, is that OK to schedule a meeting with you and our PM team? Thanks

@Yao Ke 
Hi, I'm having a similar kind of issue. I hope someone would be able to help me.

I had almost finished building 2 forms in parallel (2 languages) and had them both open when the page refreshed on one and it took me to my Microsoft Forms home page with these 2 questionnaires completely gone. Vanished. Not in trash, and can't find them anywhere. And I haven't seen any warning at any point. I was able to still save the (shareable) link for one of the 2 forms (but that doesn't allow me to edit) and when I try to open it, I have this warning show up
"This form might not be safe. We recommend you don't provide your personal or sensitive information. The form owner may potentially be trying to collect it."

Which leads me to believe that my issue is connected to the one discussed here. Although as I said, I had no warning, and I have no way to edit either of these forms, and I don't even have a link, so no trace for one of the 2. 
I also have no idea what in my forms would have triggered this, especially considering that I have  other older versions of the same form still available, and no warning.

So I would like to ask for help to hopefully retrieve  my forms, and if this is not a bug, how can I make it so that it's considered "safe", and is there a risk of this happening again at any point?

Thanks a lot!
I do appreciate your work and your help,

Ben

@blecluse Sorry for the confusion, can you PM me the vanished forms id (or url) and also the id/url of the one that still live? For all the detection, Forms is just marking but not actually delete any of the content. So please send us the information and we will investigate what happened. 

@NZLaSalle 

Not sure if I'm doing this right - my first use of this method of asking for help.

I'm writing a test with this question:

Will_Carr_Synx_0-1591886469982.png

It has triggered this response. How do I get around this please? I understand why this type of question can cause problems but the trip-wire seems to be set very low on this function.

Can you work with you admin to get this unblocked?

@Yao Ke My admin has had a blockand can't see where to unblock the sharing of my quiz.

Can you send me (or her indeed) a few hints where to look please?

@Will_Carr_Synx You can follow the instructions in this document to unblock a form - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/review-and-unblock-forms-or-users-detected-and-blocked-fo...

Let me know if you still have issue with that. 

Hi all, this issue has been resolved

Thank you all that contributed

@NZLaSalle 

@Anqi Du  I'm have the same problem. I don't see the particular message that you are referring to in the previous posts. I did receive a Phishing message. But when I follow the link to review the form, it take me to an errors page. Is there another way to review the form. I've attempted to do so through the form it self. 

Service_Department_0-1594387432125.png

Service_Department_1-1594387626556.png

For anyone having this issue, I solved mine. I have several forms used for quizzes at an IT shop to onboard new employees. Apparently the word "password" causes the form to be automatically blocked. This is a bit frustrating as many of our quizzes ask about appropriate password policies/use. So I changed all the words "password" to "pw" and the issue is gone.

Thanks Microsoft.

@WhatsHerFace 

We are having the same issue.

I tried changing some of the question titles, but no luck.

The work password was nowhere in my forms.

I have noticed the Answers won't load. The page just spins.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

There are probably other keywords or something triggering the new policy @ctklogic 

I'm having the same issue just now. My wife was using forms to do a test for her students and I managed to discover the words that, in this case, were triggering the false posisitve: "Banda Desenhada" (That's portuguese to "Comics")! As soon as I changed to "Poesia" (that's portuguese do "Poetry") and everything went back to normal. This is RIDICULOUS!

Apparently it doesn't like images that contain the words "secret" or "codes" either. I am creating a small quiz for my year 11 class on algorithms and each question has same text "What is the output of this Algorithm?" - not a problem. Each question has an attached image of some pseudocode. However, when I upload an image (yes a .png file) that has the words above, bingo, up comes the message about sensitive or personal information. Sigh, MS please fix this!

@Colin Thompson I'm having the same problem with a survey that has been live for months, and now suddenly I can't share it! Was a solution ever found to this problem?

This is ridiculous. It's still happening to forms that aren't designed to collect personal data at all. This thread shows that the problem goes back to at least July last year. SORT IT OUT MICROSOFT!

Team, Can any one help here? even am also facing the same issue

@bharath1555 look for the word "password" in your form - that's what I had to remove from mine in order for it to work

FWIW if you have a word or a phrase surrounded by asterisks in your questions, it will also trigger a false positive.