SOLVED

This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information

Brass Contributor

Ive had this appear out of the blue and the Form has been live for the last 2 months?

There is no information to show what information I have created that is personal or sensitive.

This is for a registration form I have created for my old Collegian.

Can someone help here? I cant access any data.

107 Replies

Unfortunately I hit this issue just now. Created a complicated form and got this message. Reviewed the form containing a few questions with the word "Password". Even when I removed all the "Password" questions, I still got the message. So I started deleting one question at a time, navigating out of the form and back in after each question, but it did not work. Finally when I deleted the last question "Employee name" the message disappeared. I started adding the questions back in and as soon as I added the one with "Password" the message appeared again.

I renamed Password to PW, but still message appeared. Deleting the question didn't work. There are clearly issues with this functionality.

1) Don't understand why I can't use Password in the question...essentially the question is asking if the user is looking to have their password reset and will ask them to call IT support. If not password, are there some safe words we can use?

2) Even when I delete the "Password" question, the form does not seem to reset.

3) I had about 30 questions in the form, with sections. Only when I had deleted everything did it reset.

This along with the # of questions limit, makes me want to recommend a different solution to my client.

Having tried to get the form working, I started deleting forms almost randomly. Sometimes the form reset other times it did not. There doesn't seem to a "consistent" fix.

UPDATE: There seems to be a delay of a few minutes before "Forms" recognises that the text has been updated and resets. I came out of my form and went back in about 5 minutes later and the message is gone.

Some issues I think MS need to look at.

Thanks for reporting this. There's a known bug we are tracking regarding this issue. If you still encounter this problem, please refresh the page to see if the block removes. If still now, please private message me the URL to collect response and I'll pass over to our engineers to take a look. Sorry for your inconvenience. Thanks!

@Anqi Du I am seeing the same issue on a form I have created. Nothing in the form is sensitive from what I can see (not asking for credentials etc) Any chance someone can take a look?

Could you send me the response page link via private message and I'll forward to our engineer to take a look? In the meantime you can try to refresh the page to see if the block is lifted. Thanks!

@Anqi Du 

I have the same issue.

I have a form we were using for our business that we send to the vendor when purchasing their business so that we can integrate IT. It stopped working a while ago. I re-created the form and even just putting in 2 words such as hello there it has the same issue.

Hi. Thanks for your message. Please private message me your response page link and I'll forward to our engineers to take a look. In the meantime, please refresh the page to see if the block will lifted. Thanks! Anqi

Hi @Anqi Du I have set up a form for user feedback for a new product launch and I am getting this error. Can you look into it please? I am using an Office365 work account and no matter what i do, it wont go away. Any suggetsions? 

Hi, thanks for your message. Please review the contents to make sure the form doesn't contain any sensitive word (i.e. password) and refresh your browser to see if your form is unblocked. If the issue still persist, can you private message me your form url so that we can take a look?

Is there a possibility to customize the link for "Terms of Use" in the top bar announcement? (Currently this just brings me to the subscription section of my Office User profile).

@althiel This is not supported yet, you can put this in the from description area. If you really need this, please goto uservoice to vote 

Please could you help me with my form. I am a teacher and am setting a mock exam for ICT. There are questions regarding data and passwords however i have changed all of the words that I thought might be an issues. Thanks

@markedwardford Can you PM me the form id? Also, if you are using forms with your organization id, please talk to your admin to help you out for the form

@Anqi Du 

This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information. Contact your admin for assistance.

Terms of use

I still have this problem, tried the steps but failing, can anyone fix it at the earliest.

same problem - I am trying to include a short quiz before the next online class (corona...) of a basic computer security course:

maciek__0-1589290104705.jpeg

any idea how to do it using forms?

@maciek_ Could you please talk to you tenant admin to get this unblocked? Thanks

@Yao Ke 

Thanks for your reply. We have had a few forms that require to be unblocked, which is quite annoying. The Phone number question, seems to be causing the issue. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/review-and-unblock-forms-or-users-detected-and-blocked-for-...