SOLVED

Take a Test app

Brass Contributor
Has anyone worked with the Take a Test app yet? I like the idea of this, but have yet to work out some details. I've created a quiz in Forms, but cannot find the checkbox to create the link in "lockdown mode". (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edu/windows/create-tests-using-microsoft-forms) Additionally, once the quiz is open in the app and the form submitted, how does one exit the app and return to "normal mode"? Thanks!
34 Replies

Hello,

Which testing vendors does Take A Test work for? Is it just SBAC? I am trying to set up a demo account to test it out and can't figure out which link to use or which vendors support take a test. ANY help would be much appreciated.

Julia

Julia, it's really vendor neutral. All it needs is a valid URL. So, what's the URL they'll use to take the test? That's what you'll enter in the command. If you want to test, just use any website's URL and watch it work.

Thanks but how do you then exit the test if it's in full lockdown mode?

CTRL-ALT-DEL and you get out of the test mode

ctrl-alt-del
The following article should help too:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/windows/take-a-test-app-technical

Is that allowed for high stakes testing? Seems counterintutive.

Hi Andy, 

I would very much like to try out the take a test through Forms. Alhough, I don't seem to be able to make the Take a test work with the link either. Don't know if it's my school that has some kind of restricted access to 365. 

What requirements are there for a teacher to be able to use Take a test? 

@Andy Fu, any updates on the Take A Test function in Forms? I know our teachers would be very excited to see this! Thanks

comresource@bishophartley.org

would like to have access to the setting that requieres students to use Take a test app when creating quized in MS forms.

Users keep getting adfs errors when trying to launch a Microsoft Form delivered through Microsoft's Take a Test app. Have there been any new developments on this front?

Andy,

Any updates on when this functionality will be released? It is frustrating to read a set of directions on a Microsoft page that do not line up with what I actually see in my environment. I want to be able to trigger Take-A-Test from forms automatically. Thanks! 

Couple of months later, still the same adfs error. Any updates?

@PatrickLemmensnothing! This is highly frustrating; no one knows why, but when anyone attempts to take a secure test by logging into 365, they return an error.

I used MS Forms with the Take a Test App, but now I can't see the responses.  Students took the quiz, but I dont see any responses populating in the responses tab.  Can anyone help? 

@Andy Fu 

Hi,

Firstly I have been trying to use Take a Test with an MS Forms Quiz with my students.  I thought I had used the secure link generator, but when I shared the URL it didn't work and my students went to the MS Forms page as usual i.e. not locked down.

https://takeatest.blob.core.windows.net/takeatest-link-generator/testpage.html

Is the above not the correct way to do this? It locked down my computer when I tested it out.

Secondly, should I have created individual secure links for each of my students or should it be possible to share one with the class?

We are in COVID lockdown in the UK and it would be a really useful way to make assessments a bit more of a test of their knowledge and not their Googling skills. Thanks

Louise