Sub Dropdown menus

Copper Contributor

Hi there

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a sub-dropdown menu in Forms?

I have a question and based on the response, I want to put in a dropdown menu with options that are specific to that response. Is that possible?

Thanks

David

6 Replies

@David_Ledgerwood have you tried using branching for that? You could create a number of follow-on questions based on the response to the first one.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

That's what I'm playing about with at the moment, @RobElliott 

Essentially, to my first question, there are 7 possible answers and depending the answer you give, will branch you to a question that is specifically for you based on your answer to the previous question.

I can't figure out a way of hiding that secondary question to those who gave a different answer to the 1st question.

Any thoughts?

@David_Ledgerwood you will need 7 separate second questions and branch to the appropriate one based on the answer. Users will only see the secondary question based on the answer they gave to the first question, they won't see the other secondary questions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

I tried that and it didn't work,@RobElliott 

I did it for a couple of the questions and ran it in preview and I was still able to see the other versions of the subsequent question.

Followed the instructions correctly ( as far as I'm aware) from online and I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for your advice though, appreciate it.

David

@David_Ledgerwood I'm not quite sure why it's not working properly for you. I'll do an exampe via video and post it as soon as possible over the weekend.

Rob

That would be most helpful, thank you, @RobElliott 

Best wishes

David