SOLVED

Something went wrong - Forms - Permissions?

Copper Contributor
Hi All,

Sent out an office 365 form as normal but none of our users can access it, getting an error message saying ‘something went wrong’ and that they don’t have permission to access the form, despite being logged in with their 365 credentials and attempting to access from an AAD Joined device.

I see this has been a previous issue but I’ve never had a problem till now.

Is this a known current issue as there’s no advisory or service interruption notice on the admin portal health section for this?

A speedy response and solution would be amazing!

Cheers,
Nicholas
127 Replies

Hi @Nicholas_DBG

There isn't a status for this as, unfortunately, the Microsoft Forms service isn't in the service dashboard. This is something which needs to be improved in the future. 

Nearly every post on the Tech Community suggest this is a service reliability issue so I am going to raise it to the Microsoft Forms Team

@Anqi Du
@ZhongZhong Li
@Frank Yan
@Kai Zhang

Please can you have a look at this for @Nicholas_DBG as they are having an issue which looks like a 631 error and that users do not have permissions to access the form.

Best, Chris

Came here to say I am having this issue too! Form was working fine until about half an hour ago, now everybody is getting the "Something went wrong - You do not have permission to view this form" error. I am now unable to view the results of the form I created. Is this problem intermittent? 

@Anqi Du
@Zhongzhong Li

@Kai Zhang

Would you be able to look at these impacted users?

Best, Chris

Good morning 

I have experienced the same issue with a form sent out yesterday .  A handful of employees get the 'Something went wrong - you do not have permission message'

A quick resolution to this would be appreciated 

Thanks for reporting. We noticed that and the issue was mitigated. In case you can still see the error, could you help paste the session id in Technical details?
Also seeing this in GCC...not seeing it in our service health either.
best response confirmed by Zhongzhong Li (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Nicholas_DBG,

Yes, we have fixed this problem in one hour yesterday for both Forms production and GCC.

Forms GCC high will get be fixed soon.

Regards,

Zhongzhong

I am having the very same issues with the forms and getting the "don't have permission to view this form" message. Are you able to offer any advice?

My session ID is 9f554476-c4ba-455c-b688-18feec2971d5

Thank you,

Drew

Hi Drew,

We checked your session ID, it showed you have used both business and consumer account for O365. And the fix for multiple accounts scenario has been deployed to full production.

Please let us know if you still meet the error.

Regards,

Zhongzhong

Hi

Thank you for your response - we are no longer experiencing this issue 

Hi @Zhongzhong Li ,

I am having the same issues with the forms 

My session ID is  ID: a150f93e-91ed-4c7d-9052-092b6c39466e

Please help me to fix it! I need to use it very soon!

Does switch to another browser or clear cache solve your problem?

Hi @Zhongzhong Li !

I have tried but it does not work at all? should I give up and create a new form? and Will the same issue happen to the new form? 

@phuongbui I will send you a private message for more detail.

Hi ive experienced this issue.i  am unable to fill out a form.I get error 'make sure you have permission to acecss this form'.Here ismy session id  Session id: ff84f9f1-5573-409c-a4d1-b6f2f254c7f8, Correlation id: b3262526-64b2-4cc8-99c9-e3a61a0e51e6

@Zhongzhong Li 

Looks like you try to access a "design page" URL, which help you edit the form. I guess you don't have the permission. If you want to fill the page, you need to get the URL for "response page".

should i ask for the link to be resent?

@Zhongzhong Li 

thanks i got the correct url

@Zhongzhong Li 

Hi @Zhongzhong Li,
Some of the users in my organization have the same issue with my form ''You don't have permission to view this form".
Could you please check session ID 14fc7002-ca1e-458b-844f-44749a5dfbe3?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Zhongzhong Li (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Nicholas_DBG,

Yes, we have fixed this problem in one hour yesterday for both Forms production and GCC.

Forms GCC high will get be fixed soon.

Regards,

Zhongzhong

View solution in original post