Shared forms suddenly deleted

Copper Contributor

Dear all,

My colleague has created several forms for event registrations. She has shared the forms with the team but left our company end of May. A week ago, all of her created forms disappeared. This is complete disaster because we have lost the registration information for several events and people are not able to register at the moment.

Is there a way to recover her forms given they seem to have been deleted automatically?

Thank you,

Jasmin

3 Replies
Hi @Jasmin_Watcher

Will reference the following article

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-a-form-2207e468-ce1b-4c4a-a256-caf631d87af0

How were the Forms created and shared? Were they personal forms that the user shared through the Forms itself or were they converted from personal to Group Forms?

Also, does the user still exist in the Office 365 environment (I.e. Disabled) and if so do they still have a licence on? It's a long shot, and it's probably deleted but if you reapplied a licence to the user, log into Forms and they may still be in the recycle bin.

But just to set expectations if they are personal forms and not in the recycle bin of the user then unfortunately there isn't a way to get them back and you'll need to start from scratch. In such a case you would also create such Forms as Group Forms to avoid this in the future.

Let me know how you get on

Best, Chris

Hey @Christopher Hoard 

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. 

Unfortunately, it was a personal form. We will try now to recover her account and keep our fingers crossed that the forms are still in the recycle bin.

Best,

Jasmin

@Jasmin_Wachter If the account (and the Form) has not been permanently deleted you have the option to transfer the ownership of the form to someone else. https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/transfer-ownership-of-a-form-921a6361-a4e5-44ea-bce9-c4ed63...

And as @Christopher Hoard said, use Group Forms in the future to avoid this type of problem.

Best of Luck!

Regards, Magnus