SOLVED

Share button is missing

Brass Contributor

Got reports from users that the "Share" option in Forms is missing and I checked on 2 of my tenants where I can confirm this. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

On my tenants (Business Premium and E3) the option "Share to collaborate" is enabled and Forms is also enabled for each users. Cannot find anything else that would explain why the share-option is missing.

Any ideas?

/Adam

14 Replies

I just came here to find the answer as to why the share button was missing for me also.

Never mind, I see the share button with Edge. When using Chrome the share button is missing. I guess they want you to use Edge.
best response confirmed by LijuV (Microsoft)
Solution

Found the root cause for my issue which was the Adblock Plus Chrome Extension. For some reason on one of my pc's the Adblock extension caused the Share button to disappear. On another pc with the same extensions etc. it works so I cannot explain why.

Well... Google Chrome doesn't work, Chrome Canary doesn't work either. The Firefox collection works (Firefox, Firefox Nightly and Firefox Developers Edition), as well as IE (Internet Explorer), Safari and Edge.

Guess Microsoft wants to mock Google by making the share button unavailable in Chrome and Chrome Canary :(

Yep, this solved it for me.  Thanks!

edit:  added the forms site to my adblock whitelist, refreshed, and ta-da!  Share button now visible

Thank you, this solved my problem.

@Adam Andersson I had the same issue in both Chrome and Firefox. But I turned off my ad-blockers in Firefox and the Share button returned.

Thanks!

@Adam Andersson I had an ad blocker enabled. I disabled it on forms.office.com and refreshed the page and saw the "Share" option again! 

how I can recover share option in Microsoft forms?

@Adam Andersson 

how did you recover the share button?

@Andrew Graham 

@savera got it to work by disabling ad block on the site.

@Ana Hernandez 

How did you disable the ad block on the site??

@Adam Andersson I have just realize I have the same issue of the missing share button. I saw your solution. I do not have any ad blocker extension for both chrome and edge. All there is only a Send button.  

Did you solve this issue? I am having the same problem as well.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LijuV (Microsoft)
Solution

Found the root cause for my issue which was the Adblock Plus Chrome Extension. For some reason on one of my pc's the Adblock extension caused the Share button to disappear. On another pc with the same extensions etc. it works so I cannot explain why.

View solution in original post