Restrict date submission in forms

Copper Contributor

I've recently made a digital marketing email request form so my team can better manage the email requests we get from various parts of our organization. Ideally, we would like for requesters to only be able to choose an email send date that is at least a month away from the date they are submitting the form. Is there any way to restrict requesters from picking a date that is less than 4 weeks from the date of their form fill in Microsoft Forms? 

Branching off of that if my above question is possible - would it be possible to to add a "Rush Request" field requiring justification/reason that appears if a requester does choose an email send date that is less than 4 weeks from the date of their form fill? 

6 Replies

@J_Coob no in Microsoft Forms you can't prevent a user entering a date less than 4 weeks from what will be the send date, you would need to use a Customised PowerApps form with SharePoint instead. That could either display a message if the date was less 4 weeks from today, or it could have a text field become visible under this circumstance for the rush request justification. Forms can't do this. 

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

PowerApps is the best way to achieve this. Did you sort this out? Can easily be setup in a few hours. I do this weekly so I know it can be easily achieved.
Hi, I am also looking for ways to let users enter dates which are at least 7 days in advance from today's date in Microsoft forms. Would like to seek advice if anyway we can do it through apps like power automate or something? Much thanks in advance.

@Janice_Lim you would need to build it in Power Apps, it's not do-able in Forms.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks Rob :) Currently we are using microsoft forms for users to initiate interview requests. Seems like I need to read more on powerapp forms.

@Janice_Lim you might also want to look at Microsoft Bookings as that might also be able to do what you want.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)