Restrict access to groups?

Brass Contributor

We have a leadership group set up where we send out surveys to our staff to complete.  I want everyone to be able to view the results but not be able to edit the survey itself.

How can I make the group read only for some users?

6 Replies

@Bryan123 YOu can't. When you give anyone the Share to Collaborate link they get the ability to view the results but also to edit the form. There is no way to set it to read-only for some users.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver).

So, the Shared With section with the different groups doesn't work? It lets me edit the different groups to make them an Owner, Can View and Can Edit.

@Bryan123 sorry I don't understand. What/where is the "Shared with" section?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

Bryan123_0-1659978446584.png

Bryan123_1-1659978503652.png

Granted, this is in the spreadsheet section where you can view results but I'm hoping that by having a user listed as a Vistor with read only access means they can't update surveys/forms etc...

Well.... have you tried it?
Yes.
I can limit users regarding edit rights to the tracking spreadsheet but I can't edit their rights to the form itself. Would be nice to be able to limit certain users to read only access to the form itself