Reporting on Form submission

Copper Contributor

Hi,  I have been asked a question with regards to form responses. We are having issues with parents (outside school)(anyone with link can complete survey) forgetting they have submitted a response and are duplicating a form submission. I can now see there is a one response restriction to people within your organisation but is there for outside organisation? 

Ideally what I am after is for the parent to receive a response via email with their responses to the form. Similar to setting the form to send an email notification to the form creator when a form has been submitted. 

Is this possible with the current version? 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Ross Fairbairn

3 Replies

Hi Ross

The answer may be in using Microsoft Flow.

Here's something that @Deleted was responding to in another thread:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Forms/Sending-email-from-Microsoft-Forms/m-p/205284#M1737

There may need to be a field to capture an email that would then be referenced in the Flow but that is beyond my skillset to advise on as I am not a heavy user of Flow.

Regardless though, it won't stop parents from accidently doing the survey again as it is still open to anyone to complete.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Damien

Yeah. Using similar flow to what I posted in the article linked. Long as you ask for the email you can use that to send an email using flow when responses are submitted.

You’ll have to look around for sending from a shared mailbox action if that’s desired for the from address to be something other than yourself.

Should be a fairly straight forward flow to handle the task.

I've looked in Flow and had a response back from the Tech team in Forms and it is a feature in their backlog.

Reading some of these threads and having used Google Form some five years ago now and what it could do back then (input video, pictures, auto grading in various different ways depending on the type of question) and can't imagine its capabilities now. Forms seems there are a lot of important features still needed.  

Having used Google Forms some years ago now there was the ability then to add a response field for email and then use Flubaroo Script run within sheets that you linked to the correct fields of the form, and responses could be auto-emailed with grading if it was a quiz. 

Is there no macro/script that could be created and run from a Microsoft Form response excel sheet within Excel Online to produce a similar outcome?