SOLVED

Reply to question with a photo

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Can you reply to a question in Microsoft Forms by adding a photo/ taking a picture?

Thank you

18 Replies

Hi @DanAllenM3 you'd need to use Power Automate to 1) save the form response to a SharePoint list, 2) get a photo from a SharePoint asset library based the answer selected in the form and then 3) send the email back to the responder with the photo.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi @RobElliott 

Sorry I meant can Forms be set up so the responder replies with a photo as their answer.

EG

Question: Please take a photo of the front of your vehicle

Answer: Responder takes photo of vehicle

Thank you

best response confirmed by DanAllenM3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DanAllenM3 

You could use File upload to get the responder to submit a photo (or other type of file). Note it does not work with the Anyone with with the link can respond.

capture20200117115248736.png

You can find the option in + Add new > Drop down arrow > File upload 

clipboard_image_0.png

Hopefully that will do the trick for your needs.

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

@DanAllenM3 apologies, I misunderstood. In which case @Damien Rosario 's answer is the one you need.

Rob

Los Gallardos

Hi, when I try to do this the file upload option isn’t able to be clicked. Any idea why?

@hjacklin17 if you've got your form set to "Anyone with a link can respond" then the file upload option is not available. It is only available if the form only allows people in the organisation to respond.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@Damien Rosario I was trying to do so, but in the dropdown list the option to upload does not appear.

Do you know if I need something special in order to do it??

Thanks

As I've mentioned before in this thread, if anyone with a link can respond to your form then they can't upload a form. That option is only available if "Only peole in y organisation can respond" is set.

@Damien Rosario  You made my day ! Thanks to your answer I could improved my work :stareyes:!

@RobElliott 

So basically I need to go back to google forms if need responses from outside of organization? 

@KDISTIN yes, a responder from outside your organization cannot respond with a file/image.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Damien Rosario 

Hi Damien, I am working with some older app testers who use a form to report bugs. Because they are not very computer savvy, saving a screenshot as a file and then uploading it is quite a challenge. It would be great if they can paste it. Also, they are external to the organization, and file uploading is not allowed for them. Any suggestions?

Hi @danstorch 

Hope you're well.

Forms wouldn't work for you (I haven't used Forms Pro in a long time so not sure if it can do it) but you could try other options like maybe Survey Monkey and then use Power Automate to help capture and manipulate the data in SharePoint, etc.

Note that SurveyMonkey and other connectors in Power Automate may cost money.

I suppose another option could be to have them log the initial ticket and then Power Automate captures the detail in SharePoint, and then responds to them automatically requesting images which can then be sent via return email (and manually processed by the agent looking after the case).

I've done something similar for a service desk type system that I've created using Forms, Power Automate and SharePoint.

Hope something in this assists.

Best wishes

Damien

i'm sorry but threre's no such   a thing "file upload" feature in my forms @Damien Rosario 

@smtilampung you should see it as in the screenshot below. But if your form allows anyone to respond then file upload is not available.

fileUpload.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Hello Rob , Can I set a single question to ask the user to reply(reply as an option mode) and upload the photo as a evidence.

(In only from my organization mode)

@DanAllenM3 

It looks like this is not currently supported with the "Anyone can respond" response collection designation. My question is, does Microsoft plan to change this in the future or no? Developing solutions for the future may be able to wait for this functionality, but I haven't found anything that mentions this being a planned product update. 

I am sure there are security implications above my head, but it would make my life A LOT easier!

@smtilampung 
A late answer, maybe it helps others.
This doesn't help with sharing to someone outside the organization, but with the general problem of missing "FILE UPLOADS".
Check if you are able to create a folder in DOCUMENTS in Sharepoint of the TEAMS channel where you added the form.
A FILE UPLOAD wants to create a directory Apps/Microsoft Forms/<NAME OF FORM>/<Question>

There's a option deep down in the settings for Sharepoint libraries "DISABLE NEW DIRECTORIES".
Please check other community posts where it is in detail. 

directory.png

JR

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DanAllenM3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DanAllenM3 

You could use File upload to get the responder to submit a photo (or other type of file). Note it does not work with the Anyone with with the link can respond.

capture20200117115248736.png

You can find the option in + Add new > Drop down arrow > File upload 

clipboard_image_0.png

Hopefully that will do the trick for your needs.

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

View solution in original post