SOLVED

Reference list in Form

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks, 

I'm looking to use a Form as replacement for an old InfoPath form, but I need to be able to have a reference list/dropdown where my form references a specific set of users on one question (e.g. list your managing approver). 

How would I go about this in Forms?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by jpcollins (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jpcollins you would have to manually enter them into a Choice question as there is no way for Forms to look up information from elsewhere. If your users are all internal then this could be done with Power Apps where you can have multile data sources and we often use a search box where staff start typing the name of the manager or approver and it filters a dropdown list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks Rob!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jpcollins (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jpcollins you would have to manually enter them into a Choice question as there is no way for Forms to look up information from elsewhere. If your users are all internal then this could be done with Power Apps where you can have multile data sources and we often use a search box where staff start typing the name of the manager or approver and it filters a dropdown list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post