SOLVED

Record responses to SharePoint List - Username not included

Copper Contributor

I have form and in the settings it is set to record respondent names. I also have a flow to copy responses to a SharePoint list.

Everything is working fine except I do not seem to be able to get the user name from Forms (I have the user email address from AD). Anyone able to advise?

10 Replies

@IMAX99 - You might not able to get username ( i am assuming you mean Display Name) out of form response, you should use the form responders' email to get the username, try using search users to get display name based on responders' email

best response confirmed by IMAX99 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@IMAX99  make sure you've added a get user profile (v2) to your flow with the Respondent's email in the User (UPN) box. You can then get the user display name or other details into your SharePoint list.

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-GetUserProfile1-GetUserProfile

Spot on, thank you. Being new to flow I never would have thought to do that.
Thanks for the response. Final solution given by Rob Elliott, quite similar but easy emough for a newbee like me to understand.

@RobElliott Hi I don't see any of the fields like "Display Name" as available for the list view when using this method, only ones available for me are values starting with "Users from Graph API" when using "Get User Profile (v2)". Is there another method for getting the name. Thanks.

@Deleted are you able to post a screenshot of the office 365 Users fields available to you when you are in the SharePoint Create item action (having added the Resonders email into the Get User Profile (V2) first of course)? I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't have the user fields available to you.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott  Here's the options available to me,  I don't see the ones you mentioned, everything prefixed with "User from Graph API" but I was able to use the "User from Graph API Display Name" and got it to work. 

options_for_get_user.jpgflow_for_user_name.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if someone else has got any ideas as I haven't those Graph API options before so can't really help further.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott Worked like a charm for me as well. Thank you!

@RobElliott while creating a flow to record responses onto Sharepoint, the Create Item action is asking for few fields such as AM Claims and CS POC Claims. In my SP list, 'AM' and 'CS POC' are Person type columns.

Not sure what should be the Input value for these fields.

Sruti92_0-1635087064230.png

Can somebody help on this.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by IMAX99 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@IMAX99  make sure you've added a get user profile (v2) to your flow with the Respondent's email in the User (UPN) box. You can then get the user display name or other details into your SharePoint list.

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-GetUserProfile1-GetUserProfile

View solution in original post