SOLVED

"This form can't be shared because it violates our Terms of Use" error when sharing externally

MVP

Hi everyone,

Created a form with ten pre-interview questions for our IT department's next recruitment project.  When I change the 'Send and collect responses' option from 'Only people in my organization can respond' to 'Anyone with the link can respond', I get an error "This form can't be shared because it violates our Terms of Use."  There are no specifics on what violates the terms; can only assume it's a generic error.

firefox_2017-08-24_11-16-51.jpg

Office 365 Business Premium tenant with external collaboration on in Admin Center > Settings > Services & Add-Ins.

Thanks!

Ruairidh

8 Replies
best response confirmed by Ru (MVP)
Solution

Sorry about delayed reply but you have probably got the word 'password' on your form somewhere. Just had the same problem myself.

I just ran into this issue as well... I do have the word "password" on the form, not asking for it, just referencing it. Anyway around this?

I had to put 'pword' in to get it to accept it. You could also try adding '***' in place of some letters. No other way round it I think.

Yip, that's it!   Thanks for the solution.   I can see why (phishing) but would be good if it told you the reason.

Awesome, thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Has anyone located an article that indicates the terms to stay away from to avoid Forms kicking this "violation of terms" message?  I couldn't find anything around this in the Forms FAQ article.

Please provide a list of words that trigger violations. Unless this is like fumbling in the dark.

Can an admin change this setting, or adjust the criteria/dictionary for triggering the warning?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ru (MVP)
Solution

Sorry about delayed reply but you have probably got the word 'password' on your form somewhere. Just had the same problem myself.

View solution in original post