Questions missing when I preview form

Copper Contributor

A few of my questions are missing when I preview the form. While I am in developing mode, they show up fine. Any ideas?

34 Replies
Hi Billy What type of questions are they? Can you provide some screen shot examples so we can see? Thanks Damien

I'm having the very same issue.  Attached are two screenshots - edit screen and preview screen. 

I've attempted to login and logout of Microsoft Form, the Office 365 account affiliated with Forms. Still nothing seems to work.  Also, I thought that maybe since the edits to the forms questions, maybe I should delete the responses.  That didn't work.

Just press arrow up close to delete sign until it visible and preview again.

@Billy Ivey  Exactly the same is just happening to me: '"A few of my questions are missing when I preview the form. While I am in developing mode, they show up fine. Any ideas?"

Hi @Oescoba2 

Are the missing question/s a part of branching from earlier questions? If they are, the branching set up may need to be looked at as the question/s may be skipped over if branching is out of order.

Cheers

Damien

Thank you for your reply. They are not branching from earlier. They are just simple new questions. I can see the entire form when I’m working on it, but then I can’t when on preview form nor when my students log in to take the quiz. A symbol is showing on my form. Not sure what does mean. Please see the attachment.

Hi @Oescoba2 

There's no attachment. Could you try again please?

Cheers

Damien

No clue why this works but I have just had the same problem and fixed it by deleting (in developer view) the LAST question you see on the preview and then adding it back into the form at the same place. I can now see all of the questions!
Thanks so much - this worked for me, too!

@tahowardThis worked for me - thank you!

This works.... Delete one question and preview the form. Then add it again.

@tahoward 

Thanks for your tip.

Seems like this is working for everyone but me!

My form is cut off at the end of the 5th section. Have tried deleting the question, previewing, and then re-entering the question, and previewing.

Still not showing.

When someone attempts to take the quiz, it shows the submit button, but also shows that you are only at 5 of 9 sections.

Any help would be appreciated.

@Sim_Abundant

Hi...same issue for me...I have a simple (no branching) 15 question survey...when you send the link to someone  (or preview it) to complete it shows the first 2 questions and then the SUBMIT button..

Help

Thanks

Tony

@Sim_Abundant  It seems as though it's related to "required" feature.  I had 8 questions but only 5 were showing.  No branching. Deleting and adding didn't help.  But I noticed that when I selected "required" that the question had asterisk on the developer side and wouldn't show on the preview side.  When I took this off, it solved my problem.  Might be buggy.

It seems as though it's related to "required" feature. I had 8 questions but only 5 were showing. No branching. Deleting and adding didn't help. But I noticed that when I selected "required" that the question had asterisk on the developer side and wouldn't show on the preview side. When I took this off, it solved my problem. Might be buggy.

@dferree 

Hello,

I'm having a hard time with this too.  I have deleted, previewed, and added and nothing, it still won't have all my questions on there on the preview side.  Specially where they have to upload the a document for this.

I deleted the entire thing and restarted and nothing worked. 

Can you please help?

I am having the same issue. I've tried all the recommendations on this thread, but none seem to work. I have 11 Questions in my questionnaire but when I preview or send it out, it only shows the first 2 questions.

Is microsoft doing something about this issue? I need to create a survey of 6 questions and I can only see 3 in the preview. If you don't check the preview and send it automatically you can look incompetent, sending an incomplete survey. This needs to be fixed asap.

Well, at least I've earned a first badge for posting here.
That is just great!
Now, how 'bout fixing this problem so I can send my survey today, microsoft?