Problem with Permission to view forms for users without MS Forms licence

Copper Contributor

Users within our tenant without an assigned MS Forms license are unable to participate in the MS Forms survey and receive the error message "You don't have permission to view this form".

Do I need to assign MS Forms licenses to users to respond to surveys?

At the same time I do not want all users who can answer questions in MS Forms to create new forms in MS Forms. Is it possible?

Thank you for your advice.

4 Replies

@dmrkvicka 

How do you have the settings configured on the specific form?  (example below).  

clipboard_image_0.png

@PaulaSillars 

My settings for this form in the attachment (screenshot). Screenshot is in czech languge (translate below).

Translate:

Settings
Who can fill in this form
Anyone with the link can reply
Only users in the organization can reply
Record the name
One answer per person
Options for answers
Accept answers
starting date
End date
Random order of questions
Customize the thank you message
Thank you for your response. Your response has been sent.
Notification
Send an email confirmation to respondents
Receive an email notification for each response

As you can see, I don't have some items at all.

Thank you for help.

@dmrkvicka I don't believe your users should need forms licenses.  I haven't assigned any to my users and it worked ok for the couple of internal surveys we have done.  

Did you see this article?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-or-turn-on-microsoft-forms-8dcbf3ab-f2d6-459a-b8be...

@PaulaSillars 

I think internal user need to have licence to reply to internal surveys. I'm currently having the issue where user who doesn't have MS Forms license getting an error "You don't have access to this", when they try to access the survey. It works for them when we share the survey as "anyone can respond" but it becomes an anonymous response and we cannot track who responded.