Not getting emails from Forms when created with Onedrive for Business?

Deleted
Not applicable

Why am I not getting email notifications to say responses have been submitted? 

I created the form through onedrive for business and the email box is checked in the settings.

The form also doesn't appear in the forms app! I have to reopen it from the original sharing link?!

When I created a form directly through Forms, i was getting the emails, but I wasn't getting a live linked excel spreadsheet.

I need both the email notifications of responses, and the live excel sheet! Whats going wrong?

4 Replies

Hi Hayley

Are you able to upload a screen shot or two of the problem in the settings area of Forms?

If you created the form from within the online Forms app, then you should get the emails and access to the spreadsheet responses when you set it up.

I've never heard of creating a form from OneDrive although I just use the Forms app in Office 365 online.

The screenshots might help us to see what the problem is?

Cheers

Damien

This is how you set up one through one drive for business.Capture2.JPG

You can't get a live linked excel sheet if you create the form on the forms web app:

Capture.JPG

This is how you set up one through one drive for business.Capture2.JPG

You can't get a live linked excel sheet if you create the form on the forms web app:

Capture.JPG

Thanks for sharing that info, Hayley. I've been using Forms directly from the app and get the results as needed but the OneDrive option is interesting and useful.

I've mocked up a OneDrive Form and it works well for me on both email responses (Anonymous and Named noting a few minute delay with the emails coming in) as well as the live spreadsheet data.

Does the issue appear when you create another form?

Not sure what is happening with yours but you may need to log a support ticket to suss this one out?

Best wishes
Damien