MS Forms data stored in SharePoint List

Brass Contributor

It would be really great if the questions / data collected could be promoted into a SharePoint List (like it used to be with InfoPath) because it is much easier to use than PowerApps.  Users find it difficult to work with the phone layout and if they can remember to change to the tablet layout, getting the pictures they want, and branching questions, etc., are much harder for users to get their forms into PowerApps.  I know you can export the data into Excel, but it would just be easier if users had the option to use MS FORMS or POWERAPPS for more complicated forms.

23 Replies

Hi @ToFfern 

I'm glad the visuals have been helpful.

I concur with @RobElliott.

Make sure to add Get response details after When a new response is submitted. Don't put it in the Apply to each (to avoid confusion, delete Apply to each).

Best wishes with your work!

Cheers

Damien

@RobElliott  how does one remove the brackets and the quotation marks in Power Automate? I have matched the choice options in the MS Form with the choice options in the SP list. I want to make sure that I can filter and sort by the same choice options whether the entry came from the MS Form or was entered directly in the sharepoint list.

How do you handle Forms Branching in SharePoint lists? In a forms branch - depending on the answer the following question can be different - but the numerical number will be the same. How do I get around this error when creating a workflow from Forms to SharePoint?

@DataLady you just make sure that you have a column in your SharePoint list for every question in the form. Due to branching not all of them will get populated by the crearte item action in the flow, but that's the way you do it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User