SOLVED

MS Forms a joke?

Copper Contributor

Is it really a fact that there is no way to create an MS Form that can have truly confidential results?  From what I am finding, this appears to be a fact.   Why was this product even released to the public???

7 Replies

@psychles yes of course the responses can be truly anonymous. Why do you think it's not possible? Just set the settings to "anyone can respond". That makes it anonymous and there is no way to reverse engineer it to later find out who submitted the response.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thank you for your reply, Rob... However, we are looking for CONFIDENTIAL responses (meaning the data is not viewable by anyone other than an administrator and we need the names of the submitters). We are gathering COVID-related data and it must be confidential.

I have found some information around creating a private form that may provide a solution, but am considering an alternative option.

Thanks.

@psychles The responses are NOT open to the public nor to anyone else in your organisation, only to those whom the form has been shared with via the share to collaborate link. So if you don't give anyone that link then only you can see the responses. I don't really see what the problem is.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliot - how do folks complete the form w/o the link? The responses are visible by simply clicking the "Responses" tab.
best response confirmed by psychles (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@psychles I think you need to learn a bit more about Forms but that's where we're here to help. There are 2 links under the Share button:

1) Send and collect responses: this is the link that you give to the respondents to complete the form. And, as we usually do, it's the link you put into a Microsoft Forms web part when embedding a form in a SharePoint page;

2) Share to collaborate: this is the link that you give to others who can edit the form and view the responses. Only you as the creator of the form and the people with this link can view responses. Nobody else can.

The responses are visible to you because you are the owner of the form.

Rob
Los Gallardos

edit - deleted as it was a silly question. 

Thank you for your help.   I'm an oldschool Infopath guy and stuck in my ways (by crackee).  Thanks. 

Yes that's correct
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by psychles (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@psychles I think you need to learn a bit more about Forms but that's where we're here to help. There are 2 links under the Share button:

1) Send and collect responses: this is the link that you give to the respondents to complete the form. And, as we usually do, it's the link you put into a Microsoft Forms web part when embedding a form in a SharePoint page;

2) Share to collaborate: this is the link that you give to others who can edit the form and view the responses. Only you as the creator of the form and the people with this link can view responses. Nobody else can.

The responses are visible to you because you are the owner of the form.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post