MS Form to write back to Salesforce record

Steel Contributor

With forms pro we can now have individualized links sent to recipients BUT can we embedded the Salesforce Individual ID into the form and use Flow to write back to the Salesforce individual’s record?  Right now all I need is the form completion date.  I am able to do this with Qualtrics and would LOVE to stop using Qualtrics.

7 Replies

Hello @Christine Stack did you got how to write back to Salesforce from Forms, If so could you please assist me on that with documentation or blogs.

Thanks

@kushvanth the only way you can do that is with a flow in Power Automate. But the Salesforce connector is a premium one so there's a cost.

Salesforce.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hello @RobElliott, Thanks for your response. 

we are looking to buy the license . We want the steps and procedure to achieve it, Could you please answer following questions

1. Which license we need to purchase for this?

2. Steps to Connect Microsoft Forms and Salesforce

3. We are looking to update salesforce record from Microsoft Forms. Is that possible?

4. Can you please provide any document to achieve this?

Thanks

Hello @Christine Stack

we are looking to buy the license . We want the steps and procedure to achieve it, Could you please assist us on below points

1. Which license we need to purchase for this?
2. Steps to Connect Microsoft Forms and Salesforce
3. We are looking to update salesforce record from Microsoft Forms. Is that possible?
4. Do we have any document on how to achieve this?

Thanks

@kushvanth I answered your question 3 in my earlier post: you need a flow in Power Automate, you can't do it directly from Forms.

Sorry I don't know about question 1 as we aren't generally allowed to use premium connectors at my company. And as I've never used Salesforce I don't know the steps to link to it other than what I put in my screenshot and that apparently you need external api acess switched on in Salesforce apparently.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott Thanks for your response.
Do you know how to reach out to a person who has worked with Microsoft Forma and Salesforce?

Thanks
We ended up using a program called FormAssembly which easily integrates with Salesforce. https://www.formassembly.com/salesforce/. I will attempt to connect PowerBI to Salesforce soon and use it instead of Einstein.