MS FORM SUBMISSION WITH REFERENCE NUMBER

Copper Contributor

Hi ,

Me having a MS form which is linked to Power automate Flow. After entering the details and MS form submission , email is triggered of the details entered in MS form and with Power automate approval action card for Approve /Reject . Once Approve or reject function is clicked by approver , one more email is triggered with Approval /rejections comments along with approver name , and the details which are there in the MS form. Details are populated in Onedrive excel. 

Can we also see of getting a reference number of the Submitted MS form through Power automate ?

if yes , then can you please let me know what changes needs to be done in Power automate flow or atleast action card which i need to use ?

Abhijeet

1 Reply

@ABHIJEET14 you don't need 2 flows, this can all be done with just 1 flow:

• After the "when a new response is submitted" trigger add the "get response details" action.
  • Add a compose action, click in it and select Response Id from the dynamic content box.
  • Add the "add a row into a table" Excel action.
  • Add a start and "wait for an approval" action. If you want the ID of the form submission select the outputs of the Compose action you added earlier.
  • Add the Excel "update a row" action and select Outcome, Completion date, Approver name and Comments (of course you'll need to have created these columns in your spreadsheet)
  • Add the "send an email" action. Again, you can add the outcome of the earlier compose action to it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

just use the start and wait for an approval action and the approve/reject decision and comments can be saved into your spreadsheet