Microsoft forms to send certain sections only to an email address

Copper Contributor

So I'm looking at creating a briefing form. There will be some information at the beginning that everyone needs to fill in, then there is a multiple choice which takes you to various sections of the form which are relevant to the selection made.

When the form is submitted, I want the information from the relevant section only sending to an email address.

I am using Power automate, and have figured out how to configure it to send the information to an email address, but it's currently sending all questions.

The selection made will be for different teams so they don't need to see the rest, is there a way to do this? I know it only sends whats filled in, but in the automate I am typing the questions above the response so I know what they are referring to, it currently sends all blank questions.

Please don't suggest creating separate forms, this would not be a solution. i am finding these forms are great, but the way in which they collect data is quite annoying. I don't want to analyse it, I just want to read the responses!

TIA

2 Replies

@sarah2155 if you are basing the info in the email on a single question then use a Switch control which can have up to 27 "cases", i.e case the answer to the question is Warehouse then send this email, but case the answer is IT then send a different email. In each case you would only add into the email action the questions that were relevant to that case.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

This is the exact thing I'm trying to do right now. We've been dealing with the scrolling through the entire response/form for a couple of years now, but I'd like to change that. I'm curious if you've found a solution to this?