Microsoft Forms - "Something went wrong" Error

Microsoft

We would like to acknowledge that we're actively working on investigating a service reliability issue. We will use this discussion thread to keep our customer updated.

Summary of impact: Starting 01:00 UTC a significant number of users encountered "Something went wrong" errors. 

Preliminary root cause: Under investigation.

Mitigation: We've made progress narrowing down the problem and are in the process to identify a proper mitigation to restore the service. 

Thank you for your patience as we work to restore the Microsoft Forms service. It's our top priority to get this issue addressed as quickly as possible.

error.PNG

Your Microsoft Forms Team

40 Replies

Thanks for letting us know.

Apologize for the service reliability issue . Microsoft Forms team is actively working on investigating this and in the process to identify a proper mitigation plan. We have created a discussion thread (Microsoft Forms - "Something went wrong" Error) to keep you updated. Thank you for your patience as we work to restore the Microsoft Forms service. It's our top priority to get this issue addressed as quickly as possible.
Could you maybe pin/stick this thread on top ? I see loads of customers with the same error.
Hi Kathy
Could you give us a sense of how long do you think it will take to resolve this. I have some urgent deadlines related to the survey/votes that I was carrying out. I will have to work over the weekend to process them to release the results on Monday. And this is related to the whole terms teaching plans. So if this is Not likely to resolve quickly I will have to put alternate process / forms in place to avoid issues and complaints. If I can’t realise results by Monday it will have major implications on course delivery. Kind regards S
Hi Kathy
Could you give us a sense of how long do you think it will take to resolve this. I have some urgent deadlines related to the survey/votes that I was carrying out. I will have to work over the weekend to process them to release the results on Monday. And this is related to the whole terms teaching plans. So if this is Not likely to resolve quickly I will have to put alternate process / forms in place to avoid issues and complaints. If I can’t realise results by Monday it will have major implications on course delivery. Kind regards S

I got now access to my forms.

Seems like the issue has been resolved. Thx a lot!

We got access as well.. But for how long? What's the status? Has the issue been marked as fixed or how far are you?
Yes, seems to. But as a school / company I cannot rely on "seems to". I need this to be officially fixed.

We would like to provide a quick update: we've identified the cause of this issue and have restored the service for the majority of Forms users. We will provide a further update once the service is fully back to normal. 

Thank you for your patience.

Any update?

We've fully restored the service for all Forms users and will close this discussion.

Summary of impact: Between 00:50 GMT and 11:15 GMT, a significant number of users encountered "Something went wrong" errors.

Root cause: Architectural change to switch Forms' connection to SQL Azure.

Mitigation: Engineers checked in a fix to revert the code change and flushed impacted caches.

Next steps: Engineers will continue to investigate and prevent future occurrences.

Thank you for your understanding and participating in this discussion. 

Your Microsoft Forms

Please let us know if you still meet the issue. Thank you for your feedbacks and patience.

Kathy. I would like to thank you and the team for jumping on this and communicating it.

It is an example to others inside Microsoft that we need timely info when a service is impacted. Primarily to let our users know.
Now I got Something went wrong again. Just with another error, 1003. Is it just me or ?

Hi,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but having had my forms restored, the same fault has now started all over again!

Now cannot access the forms again.

Not working again
Ahrrr.

Hi Kathy,

Please see screenshot for the latest error code.

it worked until one hour ago for me.  Now it's impossible to edit or answer my form.   hope we will not loose the information previously registered.