Microsoft Forms jumps to the top of the page when editting

Copper Contributor

I've created what is so far a very basic form with one section and a multiple choice question in the form. As I add new options for the multiple choice, the form keeps jumping to the top of the page - it seems to be whilst it is "saving". This issue seems very similar to:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-forms/forms-keeps-jumping-to-the-top/m-p/329623

This is very frustrating as I have a lot of questions to add and what I'm editting keeps jumping out of view as the page resets to the top.

13 Replies

I am having this exact same issue right now. Makes the program unusable. @nicksutcliffe_q 

@Joe_Winkelbauer I think I got rid of this by completely closing my browser and then going back to the form.

Thank you! That might have worked.
Me too - very annoying
I just wanna put a heads up (if there's an admin who will check this thread), that it's still a problem for me in 2022. I tried the suggestion of closing the browser and reopening it but it still jumps to the top. I hope this can be fixed... I really prefer MS because it's neat but sadly it's pretty much useless for me now.
+1 for this - using Safari on Mac w/ most recent software update

I'm encountering the same problem (2/2022).  Please fix this or will have to find another option for creating forms (i.e., Google)@nicksutcliffe_q 

I've had the same problem intermittently for a week or two now when creating new Forms. Very frustrating! 

However, I may have stumbled upon a work-around. The problem went away when I add branching and then cancelled it as follows:

1. click the ellipsis "..." next to any question
  2. choose "Add branching"
  3. click "Back"

Thanks for the reply and tip.  I have discovered that it doesn't do it if I use the Microsoft Edge browser.  Must be a Microsoft thing, maybe.@rccryan 

@rccryan I have this issue when using the form on my android phone

Is there a known fix? It was working yesterday and today it's acting up. 

@khalidfirdausi I wouldn't expect good results with in Android, but it might depend which browser you are using. I'd suggest the following:

a) Put your Android browser in desktop mode (e.g., in Chrome, tap the 3 vertical dots, then check the box for "Desktop site").

b) Try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, and Brave are my three favorites, but I understand Edge is now available for Android).

c) Don't use Android, use a Windows computer with the MS Edge browser.