Microsoft Forms Into Power App (Export Form to App or Power App Create App from Microsoft Form)

Copper Contributor

I am interested in taking a Microsoft Form and exporting or converting it into a Power App.  I could see three ways this could be done:

1. Forms: Export Form to Power App

Provide simple button on form in designing mode that allows form visual and logic to be sent over to Power Apps, so I can then use it and develop it from there.  That would allow me to control the visuals (size, screen pos, colors, transitions, show/hide, etc) and of course, allow me to enhance transfer/jump logic and even swirch storage via different connector.

2. Power Apps: Create an app from a Microsoft Form

Add to the Create menu a way to pick a Microsoft Form that I've already created, and then it will build an equivalent of that form and it's logic and storage in PowerApps.  Then I could immediately Run it or Edit it, and take it from forward from that point onwards.

3. Let a developer access the form definition / meta data and I'll do it myself

Provide access to an existing MSForm that I have created, so that I can create some code will then letme build a Power App (or an .MSAPP file) from that information.

In all cases, the desire is the same: I love MS Forms, but wish I had a Power App version so am not constrained by the limitations of the current forms engine.  Even being able to get access to the meta data of a form (how it's structured to jump around, visual presentation and collection setup/options,) would be helpful.

If there is any SDK or technical info related to MS Forms, then point me to it.  Otherwise, I think it would be great and simple way for people to build great forms that can be taken to any level by any who can get it into Power Apps.

1 Reply

@Mark_Hripko there is no way currently to export a form to Power Apps or import a form in Power Apps. You can request features like this on the official Microsoft Feedback Portal.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)