Microsoft Form Drop Down List

Copper Contributor

Hello! 

I'm making a grading form for my department. We originally had employee IDs entered via text box. But after reviewing the data there were some typos. In an effort to avoid that I've implemented a drop down list. Is there anything in the work to make the drop down list text box filterable. For example if I enter the number 1 it would pull up all the IDs that start with 1? 

Pretty sure the functionality doesn't exist yet. But if it does, please tell me how to apply it! 

Thanks so much! 

3 Replies

@Douttful that functionality doesn't exist in Forms, it would need a form created in Power Apps with a SharePoint list of the IDs as one of the data sources to achive this.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott  Would I need to recreate my form in order to do this? Or is this something that I can add on? The form was created connected to an Excel on SharePoint. There's a ton of data already, and it's a data source for a Power BI report, so I am not too excited to recreate the form. 

@Douttful Power Apps is a completely different Office 365 app to Forms, so yes you would need to re-create your form in Power Apps then have a flow in Power Automate to add responses to your existing spreadsheet. It's therefore more complex than using Forms, but Forms doesn't have the functionality you need.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)