Merge sets of forms responses.

Copper Contributor

I've got a form that I've copied so have a number of instances for it (using it with different departments). I'd like to use the output with each department but also in a single file. 
While I've been able to manually merge the data in excel & create my own graphs, I'd love to be able to use forms to simply do an overall view, and the individual departments. (I'd thought about using a form with a "what dept" question in, but then realised that then I'd have to manually create all the different ones from the larger excel file, which would have taken longer than merging them all & generating the graphs etc)
Is this possible??

3 Replies

@Emmadukew you're not going to be able to use Forms to get an overall view, the data from each spreadsheet would need to be copied into a separate spreadsheet which is the approach you've already taken. For the future you would be best to have a "department" choice question rather than copies of the form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Would I then be able to generate separate reports / department, or would i have to do the same as did for the overall one, only in this case, download & divvy up the spreadsheet, rather than merging multiple ones.

@Emmadukew well you would only have the one form and one spreadsheet so so it could easily be filtered by department. I have to say that we rarely work with the spreadsheet behind the form but use a flow in Power Auotmate to save each response either to a row in a separate spreadsheet or, more usually, the flow saves each response to a SharePoint list. Fro there we can filter, export etc.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)