Meeting Tracking - Microsoft Forms

Brass Contributor

Hi All, we are looking to see if we can use Microsoft Forms to track meeting attendance.  This is going to be used by physicians which needs super easy adoptability.  How do I built a process where they can easily fill out a form repeatedly after each meeting.  There are probably going to be 6-20 meetings.  

Is this a good idea?  Anyone has done this?  I need it to be easy and adoptable by all kinds of users.

3 Replies

@VeeExcelLearn  yes, Forms is Ok for doing this and you'd probably want a choice question with all the meetings on it so you are not constantly changing the form and causing problems in the backend spreadsheet. They wouldn't need to enter their email address if they are all within your organisation because Forms knows who they are. With Forms we always - always - build a flow in Power Automate to save the response into a SharePoint list. This is for backup/audit reasons but also because Forms can be flakey. The users would access & submit the form from their smartphone using Edge for work or from their laptop.

An alternative to Forms woulod be to build a mobile app in Power Apps. But either will do the job.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Rob, is there an easy way to have them use this in a mobile environment. We have this software they use to enter their call pay and directorship and they love it. I told them that I think Microsoft Forms works well in the mobile environment. Do you have any tips to roll it out to them in a mobile environment so they don't have to think too much? SharePoint integration should not be an issue since I already built a compensation site for our department. I just need to make it so that they do not have to think or find where it is since they are physicians and they are all busy and do not want to make giant leap to use it.

@VeeExcelLearn yes it works on mobile. Forms doesn't have its own smartphone app so you would send the shortened link to you users. They would open this and if they're not already logged in to Office 365 they'll be prompted to do so using your user methods (we use 2-factor authentication so have to wait for a code by text from Microsoft). Then the form will open and it can be completed. I can't video or screenshot this as in action as the Office 365 work apps don't allow the screen to b e recorded.

So just build a form and test it with 1 or 2 users on mobile before you roll it out more widely.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)