Math questions

Copper Contributor

As an educator, it has been difficult to find an online quiz that meets all our needs. Microsoft forms is off to a great start, with the ability to auto grade. I think this is a big feature that differentiates it over Google forms. ( I know you can use third part add-ins in google sheets to grade, but that is an awful experience).

I would love to see Microsoft further develop its forms web app to support mathematics teachers. This is a major area where google forms and Microsoft forms do not meet the needs of the teacher. I would love to see the addition of an equations editor in forms. This is very important to maintain the validity of quizzes and tests for mathematics teachers. The way the equation is presented can have an impact on student performance. I want to be as clear as possible when I present material to my students, and that is why I think an equations editor is an important need for math teachers.

I would also like to see forms add the ability to insert pictures in the body of a question as well as in the question responses. This would enable teachers to use graphs in the question or as responses. This feature would also enable teachers to build questions that probe for deeper understanding, such as comparing and contrasting two real-world images

4 Replies

You make many great points here.  Math is always a tricky one.  You mentioned that images helps with this, and I just wanted to be sure you knew that images for questions is alive and well now, and I hear they are working on it for the asnwer choices as well.  This helps us out a bit when it comes to math, but an equation editor built in would be an amazing tool for Math for sure.

An equation editor would be great along with the ability for departments to share forms.
Sub and superscripts please for Chemists

Still looking for a way to type my chemical formulae!

Did manage ° C with alt + 0176

But it shouldn't be so hard!