Issue: A Microsoft Form set to record names collected an anonymous response

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I created a Microsoft Form for an upcoming professional development session that I set to record names and email addresses of participants within the organization to be able to email those who signed up with more information as the training date approaches. I used Power Automate to auto-generate an email to those who signed up on the form to let them know we received their request.

The very first person to sign up is listed as anonymous in the results, so I quickly went in and checked the settings for the form and saw that the checkbox was indeed checked to record the names of those who submit the form within the organization. Before others tried to sign up, I un-checked and re-checked that box to see if that would help. Now the form seems to be recording names properly but I have no clue who the first sign-up belongs to. Any way to check that?

Thanks for your help!

Cheryl

2 Replies

@cheryltice no there isn't, if a response is anonymous there is no way to find out who submitted it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks! I understand that but wondered why that one came in as anonymous and the rest have all come in with name and email. The settings did not change...