SOLVED

Is there any way to get Form data to SharePoint list?

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

I had a form and power automate flow to got the answer to SharePoint list, it is work normally. Few days ago, I stopped the flow to updated something, but there were over 20 answers saved to the form before I turned on the flow again. Here, I'd like to know how can I transfer these 20 responses to SharePoint list? (Because the flow is off, so these records did not save to SP list automatically).

Is it possible to run the flow by manual to transfer the data from form to SP?

I know the form answer can be exported as excel file, but there are some document link in the file. how to make these file link also be accessed in SP if I import the data by excel file directly?  Or, is there any way to get the form data stored place, then, I can try to build another flow to transfer the data from that place to SP? Thanks! 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Kevin_jr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kevin_jr export the spreadsheet behind the form and delete the rows which are already in the SharePoint list. Format it as a table and save it. Then build a new flow with a manual trigger, add the Excel Oline List rows present in a table action and point it to the saved spreadsheet and select the table. Then add a SharePoint create item action which will get wrapped in an apply to each action which is expected. The create item action will list all the columns in your list and for each column select the spreadsheet column from the dynamic content box.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott  Thanks for you reply, Rob. List rows present in a table action works as expected. I got the responses to SP site. :smile:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kevin_jr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kevin_jr export the spreadsheet behind the form and delete the rows which are already in the SharePoint list. Format it as a table and save it. Then build a new flow with a manual trigger, add the Excel Oline List rows present in a table action and point it to the saved spreadsheet and select the table. Then add a SharePoint create item action which will get wrapped in an apply to each action which is expected. The create item action will list all the columns in your list and for each column select the spreadsheet column from the dynamic content box.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post