Is Microsoft form require separate license? Can I share the survey link to my external users?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is MS Form require any specific license? Also wanted to check if I can share the survey link to my external users (to only external user which I have allowed from my tenant). 

Thanks,

Bhavin

6 Replies

Microsoft Forms is included with all Office 365 Education suite licensing and for commercial customers it's part of the following plans:

Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business Premium, and Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, and E5 plans. Microsoft Forms is also available to existing Office 365 Enterprise E4 customers who purchased E4 before its retirement.

See the FAQ for more details. You can share a Microsoft Form survey externally using the 'Anyone with the link can respond' option and then send the link to those external users you want to respond.

Thanks for prompt reply.
I think 'Anyone with a link can Respond' option is anonymous kind. Expecting external sharing facility from the MS Form only where we can select external users based on tenant setting and the external user must have to login to reply the Survey or Poll.

@Cian Allner 

I'm receiving Error message: This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information. Contact your admin for assistance.

I have Microsoft 365 E3 - Microsoft Forms (Plan E3) 

Should I be able to share my form?  Please advise.

Thank You,

Monica

@MonicaBoatman  that error message is nothing to do with sharing your form and has been a known issue for about 6 months. Some things you can try (although whether any of them will work is debateable):

1) make sure that nowhere in your form is the "password" or "confidential" or anything like that;

2) change the wording of a question slightly which will force a refresh;

3) create a new question then delete it which will force a refresh.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott I finally had a chance to test this and you are absolutely correct!  Thanks for helping me resolve this issue Rob! :stareyes::cool:

Monica

@Cian Allner 

What about folks with F1/F3 frontline licenses.

Are they able to create forms and respond to form (logged in) so we can track the responses from F1/F3 license users?