Is it possible to manipulate the Web App Microsoft Forms programmatically?

Copper Contributor

Hi,
          I would like to know if it's possible to extend programmatically the functionality of the application Forms as any other application inside Office 365.

I couldn't find any documentation Office Dev Center or other sites on the net.

I would like to exchange data from Microsoft Word to Microsoft Forms and viceversa; and to create programmatically new Forms pages.

Do you think is it possible?

If not, would you please explain me why?

Thanks Lauro

2 Replies

@Lauro2 no this isn't possible: it's not possible to pre-populate a form from Word or anywhere else, but you can populate a word document template from a form via a flow in Power Automate. And it's not possible to programmatically create forms.

You asked why, well the reason is that Microsoft have not given us any way to do it!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks @RobElliott  for your quick (but disappointing :cry:) answer.

So I gather that I could read texts (and images?) of the question  and  the different answers in a Multiple Choice item from a Form page and insert that text in Content Controls of a Word document. But I cannot do the other way.

Do you know where I can find information about your suggestions? In a Power Automate group?

And do you think the Microsoft police could change in a short future?