Images in question responses

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

I am looking to create form that includes questions that have the user pick a response from a selection of images. Is it possible to create a question that allows the answer bank to include images? Or, if that isn't possible, can you include question attachments where you would attach the pictures and the user can view it before selecting their answer? I know the question can include a picture, but for the number of images I would like to include, using a composite image of the responses in the question field wouldn't be practical.

To add some complexity, this will ultimately be populating on a Smartsheet. I would do it directly through Smartsheet, but there isn't functionality to add anything to questions. I do also know that Google Forms has this functionality, but it requires your Smartsheet email address to match your Google account email address, which isn't possible with my organization. 

Any information or ideas for a work around is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

@edmemmott you won't like these answers :sad:

Is it possible to create a question that allows the answer bank to include images? No

can you include question attachments where you would attach the pictures and the user can view it before selecting their answer? No

Sorry, there is no workaround using Forms, it just doesn't have that functionality. If I was building this and all my users were in my organisation I would look to build the form with Power Apps and use a flow in Power Automate to save the responses to a SharePoint list and email the result to the user.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Great! Thank you for the detailed response with some ideas of how to move forward with this. I will take a look into PowerApps and see what I can do with that. Do you know of any resources that would help a newbie get into PowerApps?

@edmemmott there are a lot of good Power Apps videos on YouTube by Shane Young.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)