How to tell who has competed the form - please help

Copper Contributor

Hi 

I hope you can help me. 

I am happy using forms and find it an excellent tool. I am a teacher and have been doing quizzes through teams - and this is brilliant. I have a couple of students who were unable to log in with their college email addresses, so are in my team as a guest under their normal email addresses. 

When setting quizzes I change the quiz to "Anyone with the link can respond" so that these learners can complete the work. The only problem is it then comes back as "response 1", "response 2" ect. 

Is there any way to see who has submitted this?

Once you change to "Anyone with the link can respond" the option to record name greys out. 

I have tried sending as both a link in teams and using the send as email option and the same thing happens. 

The only work around I can think of is to have question one as "what is your name" but I was wondering if there was a better way?

Thank you in advance for your help 

Anna-Lou 

2 Replies

@Anna-Lou the 'Anyone with a link can respond' is designed for those quizzes and forms that are meant to be anonymous, so naturally Forms won't record who has completed it. If we were able to identify who had completed a form that the responder had thought was anonymous it would be a compliance nightmare and a potential breach (in Europe) of GDPR regulations.

The only solution is for you to ask responders for their name or email address as the first question. make it a required answer so you don't get your students failing to answer it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi @RobElliott 

That is excellent - thanks for clarifying. 

Starting to think I had done something wrong - what you say makes perfect sense.

I will just make Q1 "What is your name?"

Have a great day and thanks again 

Anna-Lou