How to have a question that allows the user to schedule a recurring event

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a form that allows the user to schedule a recurring event. It will basically be to allow departments to be request a certain amount of finances for expenses during a given period. Some examples would be they can request once a week to allow for $250 in expenses. So every week they are allotted $250 on Monday. Another would be once a month starting on the 15th they are allotted $500. I'm going to push this to our SQL DB and manage the logic on a web service, just need help on how to build out the form.

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies
I'm thinking something like this.
1. Frequency - Once a:
Week
Month

2. Start Date:

3. Amount per recurrence:

4. End Date:

I'm wanting to limit them to only once a week / month so it shouldn't be too difficult. Any input or suggestions?

@xelleman you can't limit a response with Forms to be submitted only once a week or only once a month.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

I'm not wanting to limit the requests. They will request a cadence within the form. I'm managing a threshold on the times they can request outside of forms.

@xelleman sorry but I didn't understand a word of that response. What is a cadence? What is a threshold? What do you mean "outside of forms"?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)