How can I fill identifying information on a customer before sending out a Microsoft Form survey?

Copper Contributor

Hi and thanks in advanced!

I am trying to set up a Microsoft Form survey using NPS to send to clientes after an order is complete. Before sending out the form, I need the salesperson to write down "identifying information" on the order and then send out the survey. The idea is that when the sales person sends out the survey to a client, a customer service rep has to follow up via phone in 2 days if the customer doesnt complete the form.

The process would be:

1) Salesperson fills out a form stating, cliente name, order number, and phone number.

2) After the salesperson fills out that identifying information, he send out the survey to the client.

3) A customer service rep exports the responses to Excel and sees that John Smith, 917-555-5555, PO 435678, has not filled out the form.

4) The customer service rep calls the customer.

Is this possible using Forms? Can I set up and internal form before send out the actual form to the client?

Thanks!

5 Replies
@alsantelises - can I ask, are you using Forms, or Forms Pro? And what database are you using for your client data?

Hi @Megan_V_Walker! Thanks for the quick response.

1) I am using forms pro.

2) I am not connecting it to our company database because our ERP is an in house system (very old). 

The salesperson knows when the order is completed so he would manually have to fill these fields (name, phone number, order number) then send out the form.

The idea is also that if a cliente gives us a bad rating, we can identify the order easily and take the appropiate measures.

Thanks!

Ok. So some of this might not be possible depending on the kind of licences you have, but here are a few thoughts and suggestions for. Forms Pro data is stored in the common data service (CDS). Your process could be:

1) Salesperson fills out a form stating, cliente name, order number, and phone number.
MVW: If you have a CDS licence you could use that and have the salesperson fill out these things directly in a model driven app. If you don't have that license, this may still need to be manual.

2) After the salesperson fills out that identifying information, he send out the survey to the client.
MVW: Are you having the sales person log in to Forms Pro to do this? Only the person who created the survey will have access to do this. As with above, if you have a license to create apps you could have the sales person fill out the values, and have a field that when selected, will trigger the survey to be emailed. This could be done using Power Automate.

3) A customer service rep exports the responses to Excel and sees that John Smith, 917-555-5555, PO 435678, has not filled out the form.
MVW: If you are able to achieve the items above, you can have an automated process that checks of the customer has responded, and check every few days, and then notify the customer service rep so they can have a task created for them to call the customer

4) The customer service rep calls the customer.
MVW: If you can get the steps automated above, this will mean the customer service rep knows exactly who to call without having to manually look through a list.

MVW: With Forms Pro and Power Automate, when a survey response is recieved, if the NPS score is a detractor, that could trigger a notification of some kind so you know the customer isn't happy. If you are able to use Power Automate to trigger your survey to be sent out, you can pass the order number through at that time, which will come back in the response, making it easy to know which order the bad NPS score is about.

I know that's a lot of info, hope it helps and makes sense!

@Megan_V_Walker 

I thought I was working in Forms Pro but apparently its just a trial version so unfortunately I dont have it. 

Is there any way to do this in Forms? Maybe before sending out the Form to the client there is a way to fill aditional fields that eventually appear in the Excel export where you can see the results?

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion with Forms Pro :( 

Awww, sadly no. That's the beauty of Forms Pro, being able to do all that. :frowning_face: So disregard my suggestions as you won't be able to do that unless you moved to Forms Pro.