How are you managing individual Forms ownership transfers?

Iron Contributor

Hi All-

Curious to know how others are handling individual Forms ownership changes when users leave the company?  Are you transferring ownership for the form or telling the users to rebuild the form?  Would be nice to have an option to default to Group based Forms and have the user select if it should be individual. 

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

@jefmeyer we have a rule that forms produced for a business reason must not be personal forms but must be created by the IT Applicatons Support team (ergo me) and created as a group form in an Office 365 group. I agree that defaulting to a group form - with an option for it to be a personal form - would be a good move. If a business form is created as a personal form, against these rules, then if the owner leaves we in the IT team take no resonsibility for it. Harsh but it works.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott - Awesome and thanks for sharing.  May I ask how you enforce that rule?  I'm assuming it's a written policy and communicated to end users, not something you've automated to enforce.  We do a similar approach; however, we don't build the Forms for users.  Unfortunately, some "critical" processes have been built as individual Forms, which is why we're trying to see what others are doing.  Take care!

@jefmeyer there's no way to automate the enforcement, so we have to trust them and there is a clear staement on our intranet which says that if they wish to move any personal forms to the IT Central Team group that would be a good idea and welcomed.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)