Forms

Copper Contributor

I've been asked to create a smart form which is to be used by several hundred people, to notify changes of circumstances.

I have created it and the flow of questions and answers seems good, as we want it, however there are 2 major problems.

We want is:

1. when the person submits it for it to send to a specific e mail address ( not mine as the creator) and
  2. attach a pdf file of just the info submitted, ideally as an attachment, or at a push, a link to a pdf with just the info submitted.

It seems to just e mail back to me, ( not another one) with a link to an excel spreadsheet with hundreds of columns ( reflecting the amount of scenarios I have created) with info they have submitted, and not relevant ones left blank.

Is there anyway of doing what we want above? Or was it not designed that way? If it wasnt is there a similar programme that will?

Many thanks in advance

Paul

1 Reply

@PaulRobinsonFK you can't do this just with Forms on its own, and it was designed that way. But you can use another of the Office 365 apps, Power Automate, create a flow that gets the form response and then does exactly what you want. An example of one we use is shown below on the day a new startre begins in the company.

The flow is triggered to run at 14.30 every day. Then we initialize a string variable to store the new starter's company ID number. Next we add a compose to format today's date in yyyy-MM-dd format which is the required format for date comparisons.

1-Flow.png

Next we add a get items action to query the Tracker list, filtered to only bring back those where they are a starter and the start date is today (the output of the previous compose, selected from the dynamic content box that appears on the bottom right).

2-Flow.png

Because of the get items action you will need an apply to each action (even if only 1 item might be brought back). Within that apply to each I've added another Compose action to get the hiring manager's email.

Next, in our emails we always include the company logo, we we get that with a get file content using path and select the location in OneDrive where the logo image is stored.

3-Flow.png

We then add 2 more Get file content using path actions to get 2 files from another site, our HR site, which will be attached to the email.

4-Flow.png

Finally we add a send an email from a shared mailbox action to send the email with the pdf attachments to the hiring manager. You'll note that HTML tags have been used (click the </> code view button). This is because of the logo that we need to include in the email. The attachment name is added and file content is selected from the dynamic content box.

5-Flow.png

Come back with any questions about this.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User