Forms total points column content missing in excel

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have used Forms now for many months and used to check the quiz results by downloading excel sheet. Everything has worked fine till last week: on downloaded excel the total points column can be seen but there is no points/numbers in the colmn (like it used to be). I have not made any changes on the original quiz.

Can somebody help? How can I get the total points showing in excel again.

Tanks,

Petra

9 Replies

I'm having the same issues here @Petra_Lattunen .

Previously (last Year) there were issues when the number of responses went over 2000 then I believe this was fixed.

Can I ask how many responses your report has?  I just wonder if that is part of the problem or whether it is a wider issue.

Thank you for your reply@Andrew Young ,

I was wondering the same issue, but there is only 580 responses on my quiz so perhaps that´s not the issue or what do you think?

I've tested with as little as 5 responses and the still the points don't show. So there must be an issue with MS FORMS from there end.
Ok, what can I do next? Any suggestions?

@Petra_Lattunen 

I don't know if there is a way we can report this to microsoft or MS FORMS admin or something.

As a work around, I completed the quiz with all the questions answered correctly and then added an 'IF' function in the points column to check against the correct answer, if correct return a '1' if not a '0'.

Finally added a sum function in the total points column to added them all up.

Shouldn't have to do it and its a pain but its a workaround until they fix it.  Depending on how many questions you have this is either a minor task or a major one.

I'm having the exact same issue. Columns in Excel just come out empty since last week. What gives?

@Petra_Lattunen 

I'm having exactly the same problem. I would appreciate a solution to MS before the new school year begins.

@Petra_Lattunen 

Looks like it's been fixed. I just opened the excel of a forms and the total points column with the results already appears. Thanks microsoft

Hooray, it works! Indeed thank you Microsoft. An thank you all about your help and support!