Forms: Time input question

Brass Contributor

In Office 365 Forms, I am attempting to create an event request form.  I do not appear to be able to add a question for TIME of Day.  I see a template for DATE but not TIME.  In Google Forms "include Time" is an option for Date Questions in the contextual sub-menu.  Is there someplace to add this function perhaps that I am missing?  Ultimately I would like to add a script to the form that would auto-create an Outlook Calendar event on a shared calendar at the date and time on the form submission.

91 Replies
Any update?

Hard to believe something so simple has not been implemented in 2 years.  Is Microsoft investing in this platform or not?  It's hard to promote new platforms and technology, when basic things like this are missing.

I agree. Why is there no news

I bet we will see Forms Pro soon with much more advanced functions.

But with an extra cost and not for all license plans :S

https://formspro.microsoft.com/en-us/

:(

unbelievable, all cost more! 

nice office  

There is not even a time picker yet... Having just used Google Forms earlier I am so surprised that a so basic feature is not possible to use

This would be very helpful with the project i'm currently working on@William Mattison 

Any idea if / when this will be incorporated? This is so basic!

Hi @Nakul Madaan - I wanted to add another voice to the group requesting time input as a value in Forms.

Like other folks mentioned in this thread, it would be very helpful to use this in conjunction with Flow. 

@William Mattison 

I think this is what you're after...I have a "Start time" and "End time" field on my form as text fields. The user needs to enter the times as 24hrs 00:00 format. 

In the Flow, 'Create Event' step, under 'Start time' I then enter the date response and the start time response, adding a T in the middle. Same for 'End Time'. Like so:

Forms time.png

This successfully creates a new calendar appointment at the right date and time entered.

@Nakul Madaan Is there any update on including Time feature in Microsoft forms?

Hi @varjay 

Not yet. The only option I can think of is to use a text question field to get someone to enter it in, or to create a dropdown list of the times in intervals for the 24 hours (e.g. 00:00, 00:30, 01:00, etc).

Cheers

Damien

Creating a dropdown for all hours and minutes from 00:00 to 23:59 as a solution is a solution that google forms solves better imo. :face_without_mouth:

Please add this as an option to the "input date" thingy! :tired_face:

Hi @Nakul Madaan  and Microsoft teams,  it has been 2020 now... and the feature is still missing in Forms.   Appreciate if you can please roll this one out.  

There are more and more users now, especially your Enterprise customers (like mee!!)

@William Mattison and a simple, basic, general required field format on almost any form ... is still missing !!! The only possible explanation is that the Form developers are paid by Google ;) 

@Nakul Madaan 

unbelievable: 4 years and the control with time is not added..sincerely I don't understand why..it's so stupid.

Mmm anyone got ideas to why this is so hard to implement? I thought it would come with Forms pro, that indicated that Microsoft atleast developed Forms!

@Oskar Kuus 

sincerely speaking I think, and suppose you and other, consider that a time control is not a control for a Pro version.

Marco

A simple function 2 years later isn't implemented and we're getting 0 responses? Probably never :)

@William Mattison @CHRISTIAN CLAMME I'm creating a survey for the community to report suspicious activity in the neighborhood. Filling in for Time and Date of sighting is a must. I had to create the survey in another platform.