FORMS that have recently ALL disappeared

Copper Contributor

Hi, I use Microsoft 365 and use FORMS on the web regularly to create results FORMS for friends to fill in the form to show their 5k run time for the week.  Over the weeks I'd created about 11 of these and they had always worked fine.  However yesterday all the FORMS I had created started to disappear, to the point where they have ALL now disappeared!  Frustrating as there was data in there I needed and the lasted one was in the process of being used to collect times.  Has Microsoft updated something or is there a wider problem?  Where have my FORMS gone?  I have checked the recycle bin and they are not there! I did also notice that if I tried to fill in the FORM myself, I got the unusual message of "This form might not be safe - We recommend you don't provide your personal or sensitive information. The form owner may potentially be trying to collect it." You could then click on "Close This Page" or "Continue anyway (not recommended)" - see attached screen dump. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards Robert

6 Replies

@robertmitchellukI'm suffering from this issue too!.

This is quite shameful indeed!. We're using this product for serious stuff and we rely on the company for maintaining its product's quality!. Yet, we become puzzled with out valuable data simply....disappear!!!!!.

Anyway. since I managed to make Ms.Forms automatically email me a notificaiton for each response, I was able to see my ' vanished' forms, edit them and even export their responses. However, I'm still unable to view these 'disappearing' forms in the main Ms.Forms page.

I even tried to duplicate the same form in another email, but without success, which might suggest a server-side issue.

We really would like to have an input from the Microsoft Forms team, since this is a really sensitive matter we're dealing with here !!!!!

@Mhassan88 Yes all very frustrating as I've had to now move to Google FORMS as I can't trust MS FORMS again until I find out why all my FORMS disappeared.  I unfortunately didn't get FORMS to automatically email me a notification for each response.  Did the email allow you to link back into the missing FORM or just see the reply on the email? Wondered if it was worth comparing the link in the email to the link to fill the form in to see if there was a common part that would allow you to get back into other FORMS?

@robertmitchellukWhen  I linked my forms to my email, the messages I was receiving contained a link to the forms themselves. Through this link, I'm still able to view and modify the questions, sharing the forms, viewing their responses and even sharing the forms with others- and I hope this continues as I can't tolerate losing these data!!!. The only problem is that I can no longer access these forms without these links!!!. 

@Mhassan88 Same problem. This is a big problem. Forms disappeared on an important survey. If I can't fix this, the Forms feature is unusable. Hello, Microsoft?

@Bill_Harlanand all- i am having the same issue, ran a poll at the start of the month and hoped to share it on a monthly meeting and IT IS GONE !
Can someone tell me how to get back my form to view it at least? 
Thanks very much. 

Hello @robertmitchelluk, Please try the following steps and check if you find your form:
Open a new Private/ incognito Window in MSEdge/Chrome
Go to Forms.microsoft.com
Sign in using your personal Microsoft account eg: @outlook.com, @live.com
Check if your forms show up