Forms suggestion

Copper Contributor

we are using the New App Forms and we loving it. Just a few suggestion regarding the App:
1. To share responses other people.
2, Set Permission - Who can complete the forms
3. Set reminders to completed the form.
4. Give access someone to the forms.

4 Replies
Hi Amit, Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feature suggestions with us. For 1 and 4: Form sharing / Response sharing feature is at the top of our todo list. Can you please share your responses sharing and Forms access scenarios with us? For 2: we have a setting which allows sharing form anonymously or within the org. does it helps meet your permission requirement? For 3: This is in our backlog.

Thank you Nakul, For: 1 and 4 the forms owner is only person that can create, edit and view responces. we would like to suggest any form to be shared or where form on any other their forms even if you are not creator of the form. For 2: We are aware of anonymously or within the org but can form responded specific set of people within org name and external by email. I hope this helps you. 

Much appreciated

I would include: 

• Programmability would be excellent
  • a way to transfer the form ownership to another user (or share between contributors, to EDIT the form not only for filling out).
  • email notification or sending of each submittal to specific emails would be GREATLY WELCOMED! 

Hi Nakul,

I have just logged on to the Microsoft Tech Community for this exact reason - I just started using Forms yesterday and LOVE IT.   Let me give you some background of what we are using it for:-

I am an office supervisor in a Prep to Year 12 school and every time the college needs to charge a parent for a lost or damaged library book, our library staff write out a 'memo' and walk it over to the administration building to hand to the finance staff so they can raise an invoice.  On that form is student details, book charge details and a space for finance recording also for audit purposes.

In looking for an online solution, we decided to see if an Office 365 app. could facilitate this - and presto! Forms!

To test the feature before presenting it to staff, I created the form and selected in the 'Settings' that I wanted an email response as the finance staff need to know each time the library staff fill out the form so they can view the information to bill the parent. I then emailed and shared the links (input link AND set-up link) to the library staff for our collaborative meeting.   At the meeting, library staff had a go at filling out their first form and it worked beautifully their end, however....

I came back to my desk to see that the email notification had been sent to my inbox (as I am the creator).  I quickly realised that there is nowhere to specify WHICH email address you want the responses to go to (in my case, the finance staff).  I have since done a workaround and placed a 'rule' on Outlook to redirect every email with the subject heading of 'Library Charge Form 2017' be sent directly to the finance staff as I don't wish to see it.

I initially was just going to have the finance staff do the form themselves but questioned whether, if the finance staff left the company, the form, it's sharing, and the spreadsheet information disappear with that staff's sign-in.  For this reason, I have decided to remain the 'author' of the form unless we learn otherwise.

Anyway, just thought it was great to read that the form sharing and response features are at the top of your list.

Cheers,

Natalie