Forms - Power Apps Flow Approvers

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out how to build in an individual approval for an individual submitter off a shared form in my workflow.  I can add multiple approvers but can assign them to specific submitters.  Can anyone help with this?

3 Replies

@christophergoodwin I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I can add multiple approvers but can assign them to specific submitters". For the approval of a submitted form you'll need to use a flow in Power Automate, there's nothing in Forms itself for this.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott I have created the work flow in power automate with form submission as the trigger.  The catch is that the team wants to be able to have an individual approver based on the submitter.  I'm not seeing a way to add this attribute in the forms workflow versus a SharePoint workflow.

@christophergoodwin you can do this with switch control which can have up to 25 cases. So if, for example you want the approval to be routed to the head of the department the user is in you could have a choice question in your form for the department. Then in the flow add a Switch control which switches the follow-in actions based on the department selected. So one case channel could be IT and if the department is that then start the approval and do whatever other actions you need. Add a case for each department. Copy those actions to your clipboard so you don't have to build the same set of actions multiple times but just change the appropriate fields, for example the approver's email address. A similar example of this is below:

1-Switch.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User