SOLVED

forms.office.com keeps on REFRESHING on its own every 2 seconds(like someone is pressing F5)

Brass Contributor
i have started to encounter this error in Microsoft FORMS since Monday this week
the site forms.office.com keeps on REFRESHING and RESETTING, i cannot create nor update. every 2 seconds, it refreshes (it's like someone is pressing the F5 button every 2 seconds)

I have tried launching Forms from Chrome, IE and EDGE, all of which gives me the same error.  
I am already desperate. i have PRODUCTION forms which i need to revise .  Please help !
60 Replies

Hi, Jennifer and others, 

Can some of you try the following steps and let us know if still not working?  

• Open a new InPrivate window in Edge or incognito window in Chrome
  • Navigate to https://forms.office.com directly (do not navigate to any other URL)
  • Sign in to Forms with O365 credential.
  • Then see if the issue still exists.

Still having the same issue in a private browser session on edge and chrome. The form eventually loads, but when I try to edit a question by ticking long answer or required, the page refreshes and the edits didn't save.

I'm also getting continual refreshing when checking the responses tab.

Still having the same issue in a private browser session on chrome too.

hi @Frank Yan

Tried in Incognito, the same error .  Refreshing every 2 secods

@Frank Yan wrote:

Hi, Jennifer and others, 

Can some of you try the following steps and let us know if still not working?  

• Open a new InPrivate window in Edge or incognito window in Chrome
  • Navigate to https://forms.office.com directly (do not navigate to any other URL)
  • Sign in to Forms with O365 credential.
  • Then see if the issue still exists.

I'm having the exactly same problems; tested in Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge
gen, with the fiddler trace you provided, we are able to identify the root cause. We are working on a hot fix. After it's deployed to customers, we will let you know.
Jennifer, with the fiddler trace you provided, we are able to identify the root cause. We are working on a hot fix. After it's deployed to customers, we will let you know.

Hi,

I have followed your suggested steps here but am still having the same issue.

Kind regards,

Neil

THANK YOU in Advance !!! looking forward to continue using FORMS :)

The Forms team has just pushed an update to address the issue, could you please kindly verify the result?

1. Sign out current Forms page.

2. Sign in Forms again.

Same here:) Thank you and your colleagues:)

Thanks to Jennifer for providing the detail the devs / engineers needed to get a fix out there!

YEHEY! FInally it is again working fine. THANKS to the everyone who chimed in to report this error. and THANK YOU Microsoft :) You're a really great partner
best response confirmed by Jennifer Vitug (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Jennifer, gen, Koen, and everyone else, 

The issue has been resolved as of 6/7 13:00 UTC. With help from this tech community, we are able to identify that a partner team's change to Forms cookie has caused the authentication issue. We did a fix to change Forms cookie domain from office.com to forms.office.com so that partner team's change won't impact Forms. 

Thanks - Frank

@Frank Yan 

It's Oct 2020 and I have the same problem. Also, other people at my company also can't access MS Forms. The page keep re-loading all the time.

We tried 5+ different browsers, incognito mode, cokies clearing etc. Nothing helped.