SOLVED

forms.office.com keeps on REFRESHING on its own every 2 seconds(like someone is pressing F5)

Brass Contributor
i have started to encounter this error in Microsoft FORMS since Monday this week
the site forms.office.com keeps on REFRESHING and RESETTING, i cannot create nor update. every 2 seconds, it refreshes (it's like someone is pressing the F5 button every 2 seconds)

I have tried launching Forms from Chrome, IE and EDGE, all of which gives me the same error.  
I am already desperate. i have PRODUCTION forms which i need to revise .  Please help !
60 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue; tested in Chrome, IE, Edge and Firefox.

I have a user with the same....   Has anyone used Microsoft 2 factor authentication with forms? not sure if one has anything to do with the other?

Have tested from VDI & PC with same result, Test AD account works with out issues appears to be tied to user specific user. 

@Michael Hornyak wrote:

I have a user with the same....   Has anyone used Microsoft 2 factor authentication with forms? not sure if one has anything to do with the other?

Have tested from VDI & PC with same result, Test AD account works with out issues appears to be tied to user specific user. 

Yes it is user specific, have had my colleagues check create /revise their Forms  and they're not having this error.  I have also tested with a connection that requires me to do MFA and it is also having this same error :(  

I got the same issue. tested in Chrome and IE11. I can't delete, copy, create any Form.

I have the exact same problem.  Very annoying!

hi Jeff, was it resolved ? i am worried that i might need to edit one of my Forms which is in Production and this error persists. In fact last week friday i needed to edit 1 particular form and it was STILL OK last friday. This week Monday, i was supposed to create a new form for feedback of a new app being piloted, and this was when i encountered the error . as a workaround, i created the FORM from my colleague's profile :( which is not really the right thing to do
I don't use 2 factor auth, but I have the issue.
Yes, I have the same issue. Looking at the developer tools it looks like an authentication/authorization issue. We use Azure AD pass through authentication and I I have multi-factor assigned. Could this be it. Highly annoying as I have a form to create urgently and cannot do it!

Adding some MSFT folks that are regular contributors in this community in the event they can give us an update

@Zhongzhong Li @Kathy Liu

Just to add to chorus I am having this as well. Glad it isn't just me but very frustrating.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Very annoying since I really want to use it in my classes.

Is there anyone who knows a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, for who encounter to the error, can you message me your tenant name so I can dig into more details in our system? Thanks

Hi, Jennifer, 

Microsoft Forms team are working to solve this issue as highest priority. Engineers are investigating the root cause and trying different options. We apologize for interrupting your important work. We will update on the progress. 

Thanks - Frank

Hi, Sean, Microsoft Forms team is working to solve this issue as highest priority. 

Hi, gen, 

Microsoft Forms team are working to solve this issue as highest priority. 

Thanks - Frank

Hi, Jeff, Microsoft Forms team is working to solve this issue as highest priority. We apologize for interrupting your important work. 

Thanks - Frank

Hi, Jonathan, 

Microsoft Forms team is working to solve the issue as highest priority. Yes, we suspect this as authenticated related. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jennifer Vitug (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Jennifer, gen, Koen, and everyone else, 

The issue has been resolved as of 6/7 13:00 UTC. With help from this tech community, we are able to identify that a partner team's change to Forms cookie has caused the authentication issue. We did a fix to change Forms cookie domain from office.com to forms.office.com so that partner team's change won't impact Forms. 

Thanks - Frank

View solution in original post